Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 Ford F1 is there Dropped steering arms or should I sell it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty30Dodge, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Hello

I am at a build standstill issue here! I picked up a fully rebuilt 51 ford F1 front end with 2in drop leafs and disc brakes etc.. the way it is the front end would sit way to high on my 30 dodge coupe. I could send it out to get it dropped 4 in. ($400)But I can only find drop steering arms for up to 1948. Are they the same. and once you consider all the mods to get the parrallel leafs to fit a tappered frame! ($$$)I am seriously considering just selling this and getting rid of the whole parralel / Tappered (modified) set up and going with a drop axle with a single leaf and radius rods.

Who has the most affordable set ups with a 4 in drop. disc brakes and Radius rods. The drop and thr radius rods are not to bad $$ untill you start adding brakes spindles etc.. then the price doubles.

How much is this worth a completely redone 51 ford front end, All new King pins, New Disc Brake kits w/gm Calipers, New shocks and frame mounts,Steel braided brake lines. all the steering included with a pitman arm. New 2 in drop leaf springs. Everything is new accept the axle itself (no drop on the axle)

Thanks for you advise!

2. inkmunky

inkmunky

Yup that'd be your best bet...

3. x2.....

4. ironpile

ironpile

Iv`e had good luck with various late model clips.you get all the goodies,pb ,ps,disc brakes.And you can build it as low as you want. It works for me,but I`m not a purist.My avatar has 72 Chrysler suspension all around and it drives great, With the 440 /727 it will pass most anything but a gas station. Jerry

5. coleminer

coleminer
    from East Texas

How much $$$ ?

6. Sprout

Sprout