Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs STOLEN PARTS: South of D/FW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FuelFC, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuelFC

FuelFC

Less than 36 hours to go before the dogs get loose from the chains. The perpetrators are not real smart as stated. And they would have to be pretty stupid to take them from the old man they did as he has nothing to lose anymore in life. Kind of like Clint in Gran Torino as an example.

As for the first 48...prints lifted (good ones too), it is not yet really technically a crime if everything shows up before high noon Sunday to the hands and an apology is offered for the 'mistake'. Can't be responsible or ensure anything after that.

Hands off is a great plan. I like the coal mine idea too. We have plenty of big fire ant mounds they could trip over, hit there head on something and lay down on top of here in Texas. :) But I do appreciate the different ideas tossed about.

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Fuel, I like the way you "speak". Hope this works out for the best...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  3. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

From what I hear it works. My best friend lived in Saudi for a couple of years and he said they could leave all thier possesions on the front lawn and it would all be there after they got home from work. Losing your hand does have a lasting impression i guess...

FuelFC.. I hope they turn it in. I'd hate to see what happens if they don't. Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of who, just a matter of how much pain they want to endure.

4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

total lameness. i'm interested in hearing what the outcome is. hope you get your stuff back regardless.

5. Sounds to me like we may have an old western gun slinging match if the dipshits don't return what doesn't belong to them. Some people are REALLY stupid, but lowlifes like this usually don't care. Anything for a fix, or a quick buck. I hope you torture them good, but most of all I hope the ol'boy gets his stuff back!

6. I'm sure you're monitoring all the "auction" sites, craigs list, car sites, etc. Hope you get everything back & I wouldn't take a cent for helping a fellow HAMBer. After 48 hours & 1 second....slow death to ALL thieves!

7. Ob1

Ob1

take the thief fishing...

[​IMG]

8. paintcan54

paintcan54

Best of luck FuelFC, on getting your parts back.

9. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Wheres the logic in letting the theif have two days head start?

10. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Why are you playing around with the 48 hour thing? I you have an idea who took the stuff you need to catch them with the goods or take a chance on your stuff being sold or destroyed.

11. I think the 48 hour wait is more of a legal thing, kinda like how someone can't be reported missing until 48 hours has passed. BTW, isn't thefting something worth that much Grand Larceny or something like a felony? Bad things...very bad things.

12. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

That sucks good luck!!

13. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

man i am with you why screw around with this 48 hour stuff.
    There is more to this story, if they broke in and removed items it is breakin and entering plus theft over $500.00. Pretty simple, file the report and turnover any suspects. But maybe they were let into the shop or wherever by someone they know and the theft intent cant be proven. I am a business owner someone takes my shit and doesnt have a bill of salefrom me. i am filing charges with no grace period.jmo

14. FuelFC

FuelFC

"Screwing Around" as some of you have put it is real easy to say from the keyboard side. This is not as just cut and dry simple. Otherwise it would have been handled.

I appreciate the commentary but it has to run its course then it will go the route it has to. (full explaination will come in due time). We have to do it this way.

There is still time to make a few bucks for any Barnaby Jones types out there...

Mean while here are some tips...
    Make sure you know who is and has been in YOUR shop and write it down.
    Set up a sign in sheet we call it a "guest log"
    Re-key the locks just for shits and giggles.
    Re-set alarms codes if installed.
    Take complete inventory with pictures and full documentation.
    Stamp and/or mark your parts.
    Walk around and try to break into your own place and fix up the weak areas.

And remember the persons who stole from you might just be or are, the closest to you... ;) :eek:

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Sounds like an inside job!

16. FuelFC

FuelFC

;) You looking for a chicken dinner winner? :)

17. slammed

slammed

Doc-u-drama! Git 'em boy's!

18. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

So maybe chopping off a hand might be a little harsh, just a little. Why not break each of their fingers, one by one with a ball peen hammer. That should teach a lesson well enough and no loss of body parts. The pain would be excruciating to say the least and just think of the satisfaction of seeing them scream in pain with each hammer blow.:D I say start chopping hands after at least 3rd offense. If they havent learned a lesson from the broken fingers to bad.

19. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

That would be better than a knuckle sandwich .............. good luck!

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good suggestions in post 44 FuelFC. And as mentioned it is all too often that either someone who has been in the shop at some time or someone that they told about what was there (bragging about the "ya should have seen what I saw") ends up being the thief.

25 years ago one of my students pulled up in my driveway on a Saturday to borrow a tool and told the guy with him "stay in the car". When I mentioned it to him he said that he didn't know the guy well enough to trust him not to blab what was in the garage and so he stayed in the car.

Hope he gets the parts back undamaged. I've got a notion that you know pretty well where the parts went or were headed.

21. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Sorry to hear that ..I hope you getum back

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ugh!!!! hate shit lke this!!! good luck man!

23. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Very interesting. How much time is left?

24. FuelFC

FuelFC

Well by me calculations about 21 hours. Give or take.

No parts or contact made yet so we wait. Tick tock...

(can almost hear the Wolfman dedication going out now.)
    Dearest Thief if your out there... a little passage from a poem for ya 'For whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee.' Here's a number for you to think about 'The Heat Is On' by Glenn Frey...

25. scrape

scrape

sorry to hear about the theft...
    and i hope to hear that the parts are returned....

26. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

Nothing more frustrating than knowing someone took advantage of you, premeditated... they meant to take your shit and away from you specifically... THAT ALWAYS SUCKS! Never a good feeling.

Hope you get 'em back. Both the parts and the assholes who thought they could get over on you.

F' EM UP!

27. Big Tony

Big Tony

19 hours... Lock and Load

28. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

maaan. unless you have a real good idea that the thief isn't going to try to vanish the parts...lets just say that a stakout may be in order. 75 k is more than your average joe makes in 2 years. and since it sounds like we are talking about the guts of a pretty major race car effort, I would be really careful with the patience. for example...

couple of years back, I ran into a guy that I worked with at a mechanics shop. he mentioned that he was working for a company that was a supplier to many roundy-round teams, and that he could get me some nice parts for cheap. I was highly suspicious until I called him at work and ordered a set of pistons- at a very specific size. ( not the sort of thing that "falls off a truck", per se.) and wrote him a company check and got a recipt. a company recipt. all went well, and I ended up buying a stroker kit and some other items from him.

imagine my surprise when I discovered I had been buying stolen parts from aerospeed all along.

the owner contacted me, I faxed him the recipts and even offered to send him back the parts. he said that it looked like I thought it was legit (which I did) and that the only reason he knew who i was was due to a call log. (did I mention I avoided using the scumbags cell phone, and only called during business hours?) saved my hide.

the kid is now in the pokey.

made me look like an asshole.

1 hand? I don't think so. he should be wiping his ass with a hook if you ask me...

29. bonebroke

bonebroke
    from WI.

bullet to the head, a pig farm. no body, no crime!

30. winr

winr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey FuelFC, winr here.

I am in Friendswood, Texas and will keep an eye and ear out for the stolen parts.

I hope you or whoever owns the parts gets them back.

Best wishes.

Richard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.