Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rambler guy outside of Rockford, IL

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MikeJames, Mar 10, 2010.

1. MikeJames

MikeJames
    from Durand, IL

Hi everyone....I figured I'd introduce myself since many times I do a search for things it brings me to this website. Easier if I just check out the site for myself and start to become a somewhat active participant. I'm already a participant of many AMC forums.

I own a 67 Rambler American 2 door that I'm in the process of tearing apart so I can completely restore it. My plan....AMC/Jeep 4.0 stroked to 4.6 (possibly with turbo), T5 and a Ford 8.8 rear....unsure about gearing yet. Not looking for a drag racing rocketship, but something that can get me down the road pretty nicely, get 'ok' mileage and still impress people on cruise nights.

Glad to be a part of the crowd!
    Mike

2. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands, Mike!

3. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Welcome from Kentucky.

I can dig Ramblers also. I got a '64 Classic Wagon.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

as a fellow amc freak! WELCOME!

5. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Welcome from 45 min away

6. Wecome aboard Mike,
    I am new and it feels awkward to welcome you when I am new.
    Those Ramblers were banned from drive ins due to seats that folded flat - resembling a bed - if I recall.
    I have a Checker sedan with a huge back seat area (30 inches from seat edge to the back of the front seat) - I bet a Rambler seat up front, when folded, would give one a proper double bed. This would be especially true if the rear seat of the Checker could slide down too.
    Do you know where to go to see a good diagram of the inner workings of the magic Rambler seat?

-Chris