Register now to get rid of these ads!

DECATUR TX SWAPMEET FEB 2010 preview

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rev.Jackson, Feb 4, 2010.

1. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Thanks Reverend. I am still looking for my retirement rod. 36-40 Ford or Chev or Tri-5 Chev. Guess I will have to go and take a look. Got another swap meet locally the weekend of the 19th of Feb in Conroe Texas but they have limited cars at that one.

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I will be taking cash I try to make it a fun time for the vendors!

3. GTOnly70

GTOnly70

Decatur is the SECOND best meet of the year. Pate is still tops by a long shot.

4. kustomd

kustomd

I'll be there sometime sat morning. I think our two spaces ar cp166 and cp266 I think but I could be wrong I can't remember for sure. I also haven't gotten the paperwork yet either.

5. Rev.Jackson

Rev.Jackson

Does any one have a set of 15" white walls for sale or mopar 5 lug stock steal rims or cragers?

6. Slow55

Slow55

Hope the weather holds out. I have been there when it was mud up to yourass, tornados in the forecast and colder than a hooker on holiday .....
    Remember the year of the smuge pot heaters?

7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Bringing a wagon scuba gear,parka,googles and umbrella yea haa!! Last year I bought a 27 T coupe on a frame gave the guy the frame back because it would no go on the truck .took it apart with vise grips and cresent wrench. In a sand storm !!

8. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Been to every single one except the first one. Always find the things I need. Only set up as a vendor for the last fifteen or so years. Sold T-shirts for several years then moved to Carburetors in 2000. I'll drive the Panel out Friday and be set up on 740/741. Saturday I'll bring the wife so she can visit with swap meet pals and I will attend the Pate meeting at noon. This year will probably be my last as a vendor. Ain't no rain, snow, or dust storms on eBay.

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I hadn't gotten my stickers for this year either and I pre-registered at the meet last year so I called yesterday and found out that they had a major screw up. They lost a bunch of info for those who pre-registered at the meet and resold some of those spaces. My spaces were resold but they told me that they were mine and if I got there and someone was in my spot then they would move them.

So if you dont have your stickers then give them a call at 940-627-6555
    You'll probably get an answering machine but they will call you back.

10. mow too much

mow too much

I'll be there Friday mourning, I have been going for years and I rank it at the top, but nothing will replace the OLD Pate swap meet. I sure hope its warm.;)

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

It's snowing here right now and I'm 20 miles south of Decatur but its supposed to clear up this evening and be back in the 50's by the weekend.

12. mow too much

mow too much

Rod, what are they saying about Fridays weather.

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

14. kustomd

kustomd

Well we got our stickers althought I will be pissed off if they try to move me and my club members because of their screw up.

15. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I got out there today and picked up the stickers for the spaces I payed for last Feb. Went ahead and parked my trailer and put up the awning to lay claim on my spaces. Hopefully they will contact the other guy they sold my spaces to before he shows up.

16. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I look to be there sometime Thursday.

17. Slow55

Slow55

Rain forcasted for Friday&Sunday. Yep, It's Decatur Swapmeet time again!!

18. smarg

smarg

Hey guys were the heck is the Swap meet this year?? I can't seem to find the were abouts of this flourishing event.

19. Rev.Jackson

Rev.Jackson

20. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Today was a fantastic day at the swap meet. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Lots of buyers walking round with money hanging our of their pockets and killer deals to be had. O picked up some cool parts for the 302 I building for the Corvair, like an aluminum flywheel, roller rockers, head bolt studs, and would you believe a new unused set of small journal aluminum rods. We sold lots of our insulation and a bunch of Mexican blankets. I sold quite a few old parts I've been hauling around for years, enough to pay for all the Vair parts. Over all one of the best swap meets I have been to in years.

21. apound

apound

I agree, great day and great swap meet. As usual bought more than I sold.

22. mow too much

mow too much

I went Friday, a little cold and damp but I did find these, there going on my 35 pickup after there painted red and some new tires, so I was a happy camper................but it would of been nice to have been there Saturday with more people.
    [​IMG]

23. GTOnly70

GTOnly70

Went to the meet on Saturday, and it was KILLER! Great weather and lots and lots of old parts. Plenty of buying customers too. Best meet I've been to in a coupla years. Hopefully Pate will be as good in two months.

24. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I had a great time Saturday ! I sold alot of things that I had been hauling to swapmeets for awhile , you never know if you brought the right things ya know? My economy was stimulated and in return I stimulated someone elses economy right back and so on ... :eek: did that come out right??:D

25. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Sat. was great and people were spending money! Had a good time , but do have one complaint...dogs.

What the hell is it w/people bringing out all the damn dogs at swap meets??? It annoys the crap outta me. I think there were more dogs there than cars.

Dogs do not belong at swap meets.

26. kustomd

kustomd

I agree the swapmeet was killer this year and I actually sold a good bit of stuff. I also agree wtf is with the dogs they don't need to be at a swapmeet especially that pitbull that kept trying to bite folks as they walked up to the tent on the back row.

27. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

HaHa..I thought I was being a grumpy old bastard being annoyed with the dogs

Guy across from us had a dog that was barking its ass off all day, we sold most of our stuff by Sat and loaded up, if I had stayed till Sun, I would have become an asshole and said something