Register now to get rid of these ads!

Machine Shop in OKC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OKOLDS smashitup, Mar 10, 2010.

1. OKOLDS smashitup

OKOLDS smashitup
    from OKC

I am looking for a good machine shop in or around Oklahoma City. I have a Olds 455 and a 49 flattie that both need a trip through the vat and the works.

2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

um,,ok and if im wrong just let me know

You live in OKC,,and your asking about OKC machine shops?? :confused::confused::confused:

3. OKOLDS smashitup

OKOLDS smashitup
    from OKC

Ya, looking for a machine shop. I have only been here for a couple of years and still have not found a good shop.

4. Stay away from Boyds in Norman, slow, expensive, and absolutely will not stand behind thier work!

5. Gearld Brand in OKC, they do it all and do it well! Used them for years, Folks Machine is great also.

6. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Second for Brand, Jackson bros is ok if you sit on him and make sure the work is done by the owner and not his lackeys. Folks could be the best if you can get in. Just be prepaired to do it his way.

7. OKOLDS smashitup

OKOLDS smashitup
    from OKC

Thanks guys I will look them up. have any of you heard of a guy in Maysville, I talked to him and just dont know what kind of guy he is.

8. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

any off them good with old hemis? boyds ?

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

boyds is great for big buck deals only. for a real good basic engine deal you cant beat Van Free at F&F / horton motors. he does real good prep bore etc several race guys take there stuffr there for machine work and when they get it back they check it out and it is spot on. reasonable price too. Gerald Brand is real good on south council road mainly ford stuff and roundy round stuff.... folks is good and pricey and more about big dollar big inch mtrs...

10. Indycars

Indycars
    from Yukon, OK

I'm looking to build an engine for my T-Bucket and was wondering if anyone has used Henson Racing Engines in Yukon, OK???
    Here is their info,

Henson Racing Engines
    11200 Sundance Drive
    Yukon, OK 73099

Phone: 405-923-6762
    http://www.hensonracingengines.com/index.html

Rick

11. Is this who you're talking about?

Horton Motors Inc

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=360><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="1%" noWrap>Address: </TD><TD>2323 SW 29th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73119 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="1%">Phone:</TD><TD>(405) 685-3005</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

These guys are great for cleaning stuff up;
    Automotive supply company
    234 Hwy 152 East, Mustang

They just vatted a BBM for me, $45.00.

They did machine work for me years ago, the price was great! the work was alright.

12. mr50s

mr50s

Hey OKOlds,

Have you checked out Oklahoma's own Shoebox Ford yet? I think they're located in Midwest City. They have specialized in 1949-51 FoMoCo parts and service nationwide for many years. Check out the firm's website at shoeboxford.com and click under the left-hand directory entry called "Rebuilding Services." Shoebox experts there can rebuild your flatty mild or wild or else sell you one ready to drop in. Telephone is 1-800-732-6029 and good luck!!

mr50s

13. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

Gerald did my hot little 289 years back.

Tim, would Balsingers in Guthrie do any good on those?

14. Can someone pass me Gerald Brands phone number?