Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inspection door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rebelrat, Mar 12, 2010.

1. rebelrat

rebelrat

Anyone know where I can get steel inspection doors to put in a floor. I need one 8'' x 8'' and one 12'' x 12'' with hinge. frame and some kind of catch. I know MAS used to have them but i believe they have closed.
    Thanks guys
    Andy

2. Why not make one?

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I got a stainless steel inspection door with latch for like 12 bucks from.....crap gimme a min....

Looked at my reciept and it's from CPP Industries....looked at their site which has changed a ton and couldnt locate it (that site is a straight bitch to navigate) might call em or get a cataloge (I ordered over the phone with a paper cataloge....)

Its a very nice peice, flush mount with an inset door on piano hinges with latch, all stainless...yeah I coulda made it...but for 12 bucks but my time it woulda taken me to fab that flush mount unit I think was worth the lunch money I used to buy it.

4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Front cover plate off an old electrical panel would be a cheap and
    easy way to get one- ask any electrician to save you a couple.

5. You can make them and do not need a hinge. Keep a tab on one side, bend tab 90 degrees and ben back to give it a "step". The "step" will fit onder one side an a small screw will fasten it on the others. Bitchin sells them for MCs but they are easy to make, you dont even need a brake. Vise or clamp it over the edge of the work surface.

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Motor home supply stores

7. rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com has them I believe.

8. i make them , but for the step i use one of those panel flangers

9. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I used a toaster cleanout door, came with everthing you listed, and free.