Register now to get rid of these ads!

sububans lets have a looksey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stevie.t, Jan 7, 2010.

1. 5w32

5w32

55 suburban race car tow rig! towing a 40 stude gasser...way cool

Attached Files:

2. R.Otto

R.Otto

It is my opinion Jason Jessee built the nicest Suburban ever. I will try to get some photos of it on here.

3. 5w32

5w32

heres mine on the beach in oregon about mid 70's

Attached Files:

4. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

here is Alan Langston burb, that dick scully built for him.. before during and after.

Attached Files:

5. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I'd give my left nut for a decent 67-72 Burban... Or a 67-72 C blazer... I can picture it now, nice rake, bright red paint (if it were a blazer a black top) black leather guts, wide torq thrust or cragars on the back, skinnies on the front... And a massive hunk of blue oval 460 under the hood... It will happen one of these days, unless I find a '73-91 C Blazer or 2wd Burban to drop an Olds big block in....

6. JamesG

JamesG

Here the old BAre Metal Burb that I bought from Grumpy here on the Hamb. I miss this one. Matter of fact, I have a '61 Impala bubbletop I might trade for another Burb.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Not to go off topic, but do you have any more pics of that sedan? somethin' about the redlines and the americans just kicks ass...

8. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Kick ass no paint burb ...... I'd be hard pressed to give that one away.

Ratty 46

9. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

10. YOU SOLD IT??? THis was the inspiration for me to pull out the da sander and rid my burb of its patina. I am halfway through the process. i see yours was beginning to flash rust. i heard Gibbs oil is the best in preventing that

11. JamesG

JamesG

Yea it's gone. But if you ever want to plaint it man do put anything on that bare metal. Lacquer thinner and Scotch Brit pads is all you need. Lots of work but you wont ruin your truck from ever getting painted. I know the Gibbs is supposed to be great and allow for paint later, but oil is oil.

BTW, it made the cover of Classic Trucks mag a month or so ago.

12. cool. thanks for the 411. i eventually want to paint it but my burb is unmolested and straight so i figure i might as well show off its inner beauty as best as i can. i bought the mag just because it had a burb on the cover. your old burb is definitely inspiration!! thank you.

13. Now that is beautifull!! Could add a little surfer flair. A board on top and a few stickers in the windows....surfer survivor???

14. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Hey Everett,

Now that you inspiration is gone why don't you just get rid of the 'Burb...

I know just were you can get it off your hands......:D

15. bobjob55

bobjob55

I've had my 63 carryall for over 25 years now ..drove it all over the west coast ..i think its time to re-do it .. family wont let me sell it ... so its time for some upgrades ..gotta have a/c in Arizona.and insulation..

16. I have definitely thought about it. I want to go with one piece side windows and have the rears pop out like the volkswagens. I don't know any history on the car. I would like to get some the clam shell for the rear so I can stick my 9'0" Holley out the back and cruise Malibu.

17. After checking out your profile I think you have enough cars. I would not want to fill up your yard anymore .