Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

That's a great positive Idea. and I've seen some other good ones here too. My point was just to involve yourselves with the community and show the complainers the difference between yourself and the troublemakers....This is something hot rodders have done since the 30s.

2. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

3. flynstone

flynstone

well legally if you buy something there (ralphs)you have two hours of parking

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Whats your point, that we are breaking the law. Just toke a look at your profile. For someone that says he cruzd Van Nuys back in the day i don't see your point.

5. Does anybody ever take pictures? Or do you guys just go,then talk about it on here?

6. "IF" you went, you wouldn't need pics....hey, just saying. BTW, I HAVE taken and posted pics

7. foto revs

foto revs
    BANNED
    from California

No, absolutely not, lol, no one is breaking the law. I remember the cruising to be fantastic - lots of folks - hot cars - a community. However, I didn't know any cruisers personally, nor did I know the situation as to problems etc. My point is that from then to now, I have a good friend who I know has and is interested in making Van Nuys a better place. And if the law sees the cruisers and cruising as a worthy community event, more power to the event and all the people involved. I don't think, from my experience, that creating an "in" group and an "out" group will help. I do think that, per IronFly's idea, you create the social bond of collection for a good cause. That transcends all the other stuff that gets in the way. If it is going to work, in my humble opinion, it needs to include everyone, and done in such a way that everyone contributes. Money is a great equalizer - and contributions to a cause make it legal, noble and democratic. I think it is a great idea. Worked for the bikers!

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

The money equalizer was made up in the begining of the cruz a few months ago. Come with your car, eat, cruz, the buzz would be for regular folks to come out and see and spend there money while veiwing this great past time. We are the money makers for the city.

9. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

That sounds like common sense... Do you think city politicians can grasp that? prime example: cruisin' Paso Robles. some businesses made most of their money for the year off of that event. The city didn't see that as good enough.

10. If I can get off early next Wednesday,i'll drive out in the truck....and take some pic's,lol....

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ya, before its to late. Hell you might snap something for the history books.

12. OUCH! That doesn't sound good. Is it fading away already?

13. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Yeah if you guys could snap some pics that would be awesome for us East Coasters.

14. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Sounds like a bunch of old punk rockers who will let it die just to be able to talk about how good it used to be...
    Let's do a real man's cruise in Orange county, start at the circle, out to cook's corner,over to El toro, to Crystal cove then up PCH to Fort Macarthur... who's in?

15. rev106

rev106

Cluck cluck cluck.

Next month when it's WARMER and LIGHT out all of this will be forgotten. I'll see you guys next month.

16. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Bob,
    It is going be really empty next Wednesday. Don't take off early til April 14th.

17. HA HA HA HA THAT'S FUCKED DUDE, but true. Man the life boats, this ship is sinking fast. I don't even expect to see a cruise next month.

18. With better weather, and more daylight, there should be "something" going on next month. But, I believe the bulk of it's over. We'll see

19. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Weather sucks for the "Fair Weather" cruzzers. Wait till April and see how it will pick up. There is plenty of parking on the street, which I admit is not like having the lots to park in, if you want. Give it a try, the ship has not sunk yet. Daylight Savings time starts Sat. night and that will help for those who can not stay out after dark according to their Parole/Probation Officer or their Mother.

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

We'll see if the SS Van Nuys floats again.

21. michael_cini

michael_cini

Now THAT is funny!

22. michael_cini

michael_cini

go back to some earlier pages in this thread, there are alot of pics.

23. Splinter

Splinter

I gotta tell ya- I got off a plane at LAX at 8:30, and went back to the valley-I didn't know the cruise was Weds night. Stopped at Ralph's for some groceries (these damn kids actually want to EAT on a regular basis!) and when I was on my way out, saw some fucktard on a crotch rocket pulling wheelies through the parking lot. 3 times. WTF? That shit will get it shut down quicker than anything.

24. VINTAGETRANSAM

VINTAGETRANSAM
    from SFV

Correct spelling for the general is McAuliffe. "NUTS!"

"If it's under control your not going fast enough"
    1969 TransAm Ford Mustang Boss 302

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

27. . Then what does "Nuts" mean like the Germans.

Dude, the Germans got nothing to do with it. HEHEHEH

28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

O brother. No wonder Groucho has a hard time with you. Does school even ring a bell with you ? I'm done with the O/T

29. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

[​IMG]

The Germans have EVERYTHING to do with it!

Oh, and by the way! Sorry about the SS Van Nuys Groucho. I didn't recognize it.

[​IMG]

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.