Register now to get rid of these ads!

where would you buy a set of wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gatch, Mar 11, 2010.

1. gatch

gatch

I am looking to buy a set of salt flat wheels for my model a and a set of wheels for my impala? any suggestions to where to buy from? or any places to stay away from?
    So far it seems that summit racing and jegs are the cheapest on the american racing salt flat wheels.
    thanks

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Not really sure what you mena by "salt flat wheels" but Rally America right here on the HAMB comes highly recommended

3. And Stockton Wheel does not. Not sure if they have what you're looking for anyway, but search before buying from them.

4. you are talking American Racing Salt Flats , correct? the last two sets of American wheels i bought i got from my local tire store..they gave me the best price and there was no shipping because they picked them up from the warehouse

5. gatch

gatch

those two sites dont carry this type of wheel, thanks for the input

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks like to me you figured it out in your post... summit or jegs... doesn't one of them have free shipping? That's where I'd get em if I were you.

7. Weasel

Weasel

Ron at RONSRIMS 888 734-1999 - he sells a lot of American Racing wheels, including the special order items and has great prices and great service.

8. Gator

Gator

I've dealt with Ron in the past too, real stand-up guy, first class service. He also sells on Ebay. Personally I'd check with him first if I were buying another set of Americans.

I just ordered a set of wheels (Cragars) from Summit - fast service with good communication. No shipping charges but there was like a $10 'handling fee' - not bad for 4 wheels.

9. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

I've bought 5 sets of wheels thru Newstalgia Wheel co. & they are excellent people to deal with.

10. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

I would buy local. If there is a problem it much easier to resolve in person.

11. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

[​IMG]

12. chop&drop

chop&drop

Another vote for Newstalgia. They were lowest price on my American TTO's and got them to me in two days.

13. Al Low Ha

Al Low Ha

Got my TTD's from an ebay dealer...cheapest price I found...included lugs/caps/stem drop shipped directly from AR....

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SUMMIT is highly reccommended by me anyhow!!!---Nice folks to deal with--NO BS!!!------Don

15. gatch

gatch

thanks for all of your help......

16. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

i got my american torq-thrusts from summit , no shipping , ordered them on tues 3 pm they were on my door step 4 the next day ! plus americas tire co tried to price match summit and said they couldnt even touch summits price
    Fink

17. Weasel

Weasel

American Racing Salt Flats are special order and usually take 4-6 weeks from date of order.