Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 Huson Essex...anyone Got Any Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnnyCASHcadillac, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JohnnyCASHcadillac

JohnnyCASHcadillac
    from SO CAL-

I Have Seen A 193o Essex On Craigslist That Was Already Chopped Back In The Late 1950'-60's From What The Owner's Say. They Dont Have Any More Info On The Car But I Was Wondering Does Anyone Have Any Pictures Of These Thing And What They Can Be Turned Into. Thanks

2. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

this is a 31 essex, it is the same body as a hudson, 30-31 were very similar. minor changes. hudson had a longer nose and a few other differences. mine is more orignal than a rod, butto give you an idea. [​IMG]

3. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's a couple of my little Hudson hot rod, I've been lookin' for other Hudson hot rod pics for a long time and haven't found anything. If anyone else has any lets see em'.

4. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

I can't be the only one on here buildin a hot rod out of one of these Hudsons or Essex's! I've asked a number of times and nothin, come on guys someone else has gotta have one.

5. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i really wanted to build mine, but it was just to nice, complete and clean. i felt id be taking away from a piece of history. i just sold it a few weeks ago. if i buy another 30s car it will be a hudson or essex but something i can build.

6. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

Built a Tail dragger out of mine lol, also has been chopped 6.5 inch too

7. 47Hudson

47Hudson

Not quite hot rods but they are race cars

Attached Files:

8. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

search there is a hudson groupe on here and there is a thread of hudson essex pics

9. ratster

ratster

i have a 27 essex hotrod

10. Ramblur

Ramblur

I just brought a 30 coupe home last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

Well she's finally on the road, here's a couple of updated pics. Couldn't find a trunklid anywhere so one of my buddies who works at an airplane shop gave me a few sheets of aircraft aluminum, gave me a quick lesson with his riviter and built my own. It aint traditional but it cheap, it's paid for and a shit load of fun. Total cost, under $4000.00.
    I'd like to see some pics of anyone buildin a hotrod out of one of these.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. 31Hudson

31Hudson

Okay here's my 31 Hudson Super Six Sedan. I was told it was an Essex but from what I've been able to find out the Essex was a lower line built by Hudson. The way I see it either way it's a Hudson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I've done something right with this car because it sure gets a lot of attention where ever it goes. It is stretched about 18", lowered about 8"and chopped 3"

Hudson Hot Rod - I saw your car at the show in Quesnel last week. Hope you and Jim have fun at the flats..

13. 62rebel

62rebel

okay Ramblur; i'll trade ya my Falcons (66 V8 Futura and 62 Futura tudor) and all my extra parts for the Huddie.

it needs bigger tires. maybe a slight rake; but bigger tires. fill those fenders up....

cool cars. but... isn't dang near everything that old, COOL, anyway?

14. 32 hudson

32 hudson

My 32 Hudson Essex Teraplane coupe

Attached Files:

15. dugie55

dugie55

i have a 1931 hudson coupe im building... how do i upload pictures? im pretty good with a welder but not keyboards.

16. This one was built using a chrysler rear, when i was a teenager. I helped with a few small odd jobs. :D

Attached Files:

17. Heres a pic i got from here to show the guy who built the yellow one.

Attached Files:

18. 1929Essex

1929Essex

my '29 essex that started as a four door...and for everyone asking me about what I'm doing for a bed I should be beginning the bed build next week hopefully!!...i still need '29 essex door handles if anyone has any.

Attached Files:

• i99.jpg
      i99.jpg
      File size:
      517.7 KB
      Views:
  19. Ive got a couple, though they maybe 28, and im not sure if therye in very good condition. You can have them for price of postage, but may be cheaper to find some on your end. :)

Just took a look, and they are junk, sorry.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  20. Nota57chevy

Nota57chevy

Just got my 30 Essex home last weekend. I'm sure I will be asking many of the same questions as you. lets keep in touch and maybe we can help each other get these coupes on the road .:)

Attached Files:

21. Nota57chevy

Nota57chevy

Can I get some pictures of the back end and also the trunk area?

22. moefuzz

moefuzz

This is an old thread but here's Harry Svingen's 29 Assaches

[​IMG]

Traditionally built with 64 gm truck front axle, Ford 9" and (currently) 360 mopar.

23. aaggie

aaggie

Go to www.carnut.com and click on picture index. It is probably the best site for pictures of almost anything automotive ever built. You will be amazed.