Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gene Winfield in Australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy1965, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

I think it may be the blown yellow one with green flames? got some video of it on the way home..haha would of heard that monster four blocks away!
    Mario and gene
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gene taking a photo of Ahron Jeffree's new tattoo :D
    [​IMG]
    Mat Egan's shoebox
    [​IMG]

2. striper

striper

Great shots Sean

3. QQMOON

QQMOON

Good stuff guys looks like you all had a blast and those cruzin shots just sums it all up

QQ

4. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Amazing photos!!!! Thanks for posting. Gene's one of our National treasures. Take good care of him.

5. 63Compact

63Compact

Wish I had of known, bring some pics to Choppers on friday night.

6. customfc

customfc

I too wish I had have known.
    Would have been great just to meet him and shake his hand.
    Is he still in town?
    Anything happening over the weekend?
    Regards
    Alex

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Wow, what about that green Conti brootal?
    And his Holden panel project looks so bad ass it scary to look at it!
    Graet coverage of good times!

8. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

Great shots guys! Looks like Gene had a great time. Be sure to send him back to the USA in one piece! G-day!

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I LOVE the Caddy convertible! Gene looks like he's having a blast.

10. Hey Sean, that shot of Mario and Gene is killer. Nice work.

customfc - At risk of sounding like a snob, it was sort of invite only. Mario didn't want it to get too out of hand as the priority was getting the car painted, hence the lack of 'advertising' as such.

Here's a couple more pics for your enjoyment.

Attached Files:

11. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Im not too sure about the Conti anymore....yeah sure its a looker but theres something that throws me off a bit, not sure what thoug.
    The Chopt Holden panel will be sooooo kool! Is the black one the B4 shot or its totally another one.
    Also you know what Broo? You posted my favorite Aussie Falcon, or possibly my favorite Falcon period! And i dont really like red cars or flames, but in there they work so well.
    Only other shot i have and only one i ever seen b4 is this.beautiful car

Attached Files:

12. ozbumpkin

ozbumpkin

I moved to the Lake Illawarra district (Windang) in 1971 was there till 79".

13. studhud

studhud

Ask Gene what the secret to his longevity is?
    He will answe something like" I dont drink, dont smoke and eat lots o pussy!"
    Love that guy he rules!
    Dave Hitch

14. so did he hand everyone a brush to get it done?

Some sweet shots there Sean, great to see kustoms in Sydney, even if they are all from down south, trust they can make it across the border more regularly.

Cheers,

Drewfus

15. Yeah, it's a bit too crazy for my tastes as well. A mate of mine has a stock one and I reckon you don't need to do much to the body, just go nuts with a paintjob. It's definitely got some impact though.

That's Mario's wife's car, completely different. The chopped pano actually started out as a ute, because Mario couldn't find a good pano to cut up. Found a stuffed one, cut the roof off it and then found a good ute to cut up.

Yep, one of the nicest early Falc ever built in the country. I saw it when it was brand new and it blew me away. It's been George's every day car now for about five years and it's starting to show. I don't know too many people that would use a car that nice every day. Good on him. :)

I'm sure you know, but it's more of Mat Egan's work. He sure does killer flames.

16. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

here's a sneak peak of wildcad with me gene and hamber Luke aka necronomicon.

[​IMG]

17. Im still here , the area has grown alot , It was ,is and will be a great spot but shhh dont tell anyone .

I guess the whole panelvan roof was used in place of the ute ,rather than moving the roof to take up the gap over the taigate , Looks killer.and so does the fade job on the cad . awesome stuff captured with awesome pix

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

[/QUOTE]
    It's been George's every day car now for about five years and it's starting to show.

Thats just bichin!
    I don't know too many people that would use a car that nice every day. Good on him. :)

I would alright!

I'm sure you know, but it's more of Mat Egan's work. He sure does killer flames.

Actually i didnt know it was Mat Egan's work, but i know he does killer stuff!

Oh and yeah thanx for the info on the panel, maybe you can convince your friiend of showin us more on it than this poor hints! :D
    contis need paint and stance to be called done i also agree:D!
    [/QUOTE]

19. Great pix Sean...looks like it was a blast.

Errr...I heard you guys dropped into The Blue Oyster Bar in the Cross during the cruise.

Brootal said he had a real "good time" while there, said the "guys" there were real friendly like towards him.

Great pix !!

Wish I coulda made it !
    Rat

20. I was gone by Sunday night, mate. So nice try, but no meat cigar for you. :p

I wish I could've hung out longer and gone to a strip joint with Gene. I could have been Gene's wing man. All the girls probably thought those pimply faced kids were Gene's grandkids. :D

21. customfc

customfc

Hey Brootal
    Thanks for the response.
    I get the whole too many buddys = not much work senario.
    Not looking to hang out, hoping for a quick meet and greet.
    So is Gene still in town?

Please send me an email if you don't want to publish too much info on the net. [email protected]

Mario...anyone...
    Regards
    Alex

22. I'm pretty sure he's already left, possibly today. He told me that after he gets back to the US he's got a TV appearance and then off to another show or metal workshop. I don't know when he gets the time to work on cars.

I have a distinct feeling he'll be back at some stage. :)

23. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

24. Kustomgodz

Kustomgodz
    from australia

The Aces Of Suede had a blast in Sydney. The drive from Melbourne to Sydney was a wet and wild affair but it was all sunshine thereafter. Marios' hospitality was exceptional, making the event a huge success.. Genes' metal class was top notch and he was a true gentleman! :):) Well done and thanks BRO

25. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Good week indeed! He said he'll be coming back and there was even talk about bringing him down to Melbourne.

Going to the strippers was quite the experience, haha

26. Kustomgodz

Kustomgodz
    from australia

g'day guys if u wanna see more pictures of this killer weekend go to our myspace site
    www.myspace.com/acesofsuede
    The Aces Of Suede

27. A lot of people were disappointed to miss out on meeting Gene and seeing him in action, so hopefully this will ease the pain a little. :)

Some footage from Saturday night when Mario threw a party at his warehouse. First off Mario fires up his 9-second '39 Plymouth coupe, then I do a bit of a walkthrough of Mario's collection and right at the end Gene flags off a couple of '34 coupes.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NxNpsnqfgk0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NxNpsnqfgk0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Not sure if that embedding this will work, so here's the link just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxNpsnqfgk0

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  28. its georges wifes car actually, he just takes liberty of it everyday. thanks for the pics im spewing i was out of the loop on this trip looks like it would have been a blast

29. The final product debuted at MotorEx this weekend.

Here's some pics, but you Yanks can check it out at the Showcase of Kustoms at the Long Beach Autorama in late September.

Attached Files:

30. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Nice Pictures, the burgundy Merc with the flames belonged to a friend of mine Steve Crotty from Visalia California. Not sure who owns it Down Under, but I have some original concept drawings I did with the flame-job and pinstriping my cousin "Ruben" applied to that car. It originally was going to have scallops and then the owner decied on the flames. If anyone has a shot of the dash, it looks really cool. It as piano keys painted on it and instead of Steinway it says "Steves Way" in goldleaf.:cool: