Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Chevy with w/Olds Cutlass clip.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesG, Mar 7, 2010.

1. JamesG

JamesG

Someone else clipped this car and it's too wide. Whats the easiest fix? I'm thinking of running skinny stock wheels on it. Should that bring them in enough so that they aren't rubbing?

[​IMG]

2. Ralph

Ralph

I had a local dirt track car fabricator narrow my stock A-arms an inch per side. Cut the balljoints out, moved them in an inch, rewelded. Experienced welders only, please. I check em every spring and whenever I'm under there. Several years ago now, with no problems.
    Ralph

3. chevyshack

chevyshack

Well you can cut off the front clip and get a narrower one or you could just buy offset wheels that tuck under more. If i remember right those cutlas wheels on there right now are either 3.5 or 4 inch back spacing. You could also just widen your fenders too.

4. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

Speedway or Fatmans has narrower a arms I believe, try them, Normal Norman

5. chevyshack

chevyshack

Losboulavardojames. Who is that in your avatar? Thats hot.

6. slammed

slammed

AND, no upsmanship implied, step the ball joint an inch or two for a drop. Also, custom offset wheel's may help as well.

7. firemancooter

firemancooter

On my 50 with a Camaro clip I gently pulled the fenders out away from the wheels. I also tightened up the rolled lip a little bit. It gained me just enough to live with.

8. ECIGUY

ECIGUY

You didn't say what year subframe it is, disc or drum, but we make a "NARROW-TRAK" kit which moves the wheels in an inch on each side on the early (bolt on steering arm) disc brake subframes. 860-872-7046.

9. RDR

RDR

stock 49-50 chev wheels will help and look right anyway...try that first....(drums no problem;not sure on discs)...then go to the narrow control arms if necessary

10. JamesG

JamesG

It's a disc frontend