Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Saskatoon is where I'm from and Fargo is the brand I am building. How is that for Canadian? :)

2. cinemafx

cinemafx
    from Vancouver

Raised in Winnipeg 1955-1975
    Dad would take me to Brooklands Speedway for stock car racing and out to Portage for road racing at an old Airpot.

Hung out The Pembina Salis/A&P parking lot on the weekends. To young to drive. My buddy lived across the street and his Mom used to go out all night. So we all stayed at his place watching the drags on Pembina.

When we could drive we hung out at A&W and raced in the North End. Land of Chevy 2's

Keystone later called Bison dragway on Sunday

[

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  3. 51Buick8

51Buick8

Newby from Kelowna BC

4. Sherwood park Alberta gotta love Canadian acadian canso..

5. Chemin

Chemin

New H.A.M.Ber from New HAMBurg (Home of Moparfest), ON.
    Starting to build my first hot rod. A 1928 Model A Coupe.

6. 5w32

5w32

old mission raceway......heres some old photos i found that i took with a box brownie as a kid

Attached Files:

7. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

Muskoka. You Know, God's Country. My first pickup was a 60 Merc Stepside. I would go to Oswego N.Y. The truck would get more attention than the Supermodifieds. That was before we were a branch office of the US of A.

8. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

The Shwa just east of Toronto...
    Motor City North
    Home of more hotrods per square mile than anywhere else

9. Wpg here. Hi to all the hose heads.

10. Prince Albert Sk. Land of fuck all and more fuck all. lol.

11. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

lmao move down here

12. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

How do you get away with owning a Ford in Oshawa?? :D

13. draggin breath

draggin breath

Here in Florida we call them cheap b*st* rds. they sure don't contribute to the economy. Waitresses avoid them like the plague. Nice to see them come,but REAL nice to see them leave.

14. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

Thats funny. We say the same thing about the americans.:rolleyes:

15. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Lmao they let me get away with the ford here now..gm is crapping out on everyone so brand loyalty is ahhh a little more relaxed
    as far as fla are you kidding me if canuks pulled out of fla all you would have there is ...well none english speaking folks ,,lol be happy we come to sun our buns
    oh thats a Texas beach corpisss crispy

16. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I think you are wrong about contributing to the economy, if you think Fla is in bad shape now you cant imagine how bad it would be without Canadian tourism. I know when I go down there there is no problem taking my tip or Hotel money, maybe I should think of taking my money to CUBA, they LOVE Canadians there, but the Street Rod scene sucks.

17. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Just jealous because we are the only ones that have any money these days........:D

I am down here in Az blowing all mine as we speak.........and I tip 20%...if I can find decent service......:rolleyes:

18. LAWMAN1932

LAWMAN1932
    from deuceville

Windsor here...dont forget fargo trucks

19. OLD

OLD
    from PEI Canada

my nephew lives in ft st john

20. OLD

OLD
    from PEI Canada

CH TOWN P E I how about an ERSKINE when was the last time you saw one of those rodded

21. 65stepside

65stepside

chilliwack here
    home of the farm fresh air

22. GasserDave

GasserDave
    from Sin City

Formerly of Victoria B.C..

23. 57blastoff I remember that car running at Ceders was it yours then and does it run now?

24. Chatham here and Rag top I know where Emeryville and Belle River are lol.

25. o yea Sandy Elliot is my land lord at my shop. Used to talk to him almost every day when he would just stop by to gab and show me some of his old Border Bandits stuff. Very nice man .He is recovering from a stroke he suffered a few months back and is coming along well.

26. Hello jeff/21, No I didn't own the Car that far back but I used to see it run at Napierville in the early 70's. I've only owned the Car for a few years. I'm Slowly putting the car back together and hope to get it back in running condition this summer. I'm still looking for Photo's of this Car when it was Raced back then if you know of somebody. I used to live in St.Zotique on 72nd Avenue from 1970-1982 and only drove 57 Chevy's from 1976-1982, maybe we know each other ???

27. swervn

swervn
    from Palmerston

How about Bert Straus' "Chilly Willy" Pontiac Astre at the U.S. Nationals....

28. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

29. bedrock

bedrock
    from Alberta

Northern Alberta here. Not exactly young and I'm going to have to live at least another 60 years to finish the projects I have if the speed I'm doing this one is any indication.

30. Living down in Waterloo Ontario (West of Toronto) right now, but home base is up near Collingwood on Georgian Bay.