Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 5w just waiting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plumfat40, Mar 9, 2010.

1. I can get past the single or married,its the UGLY I cant get by...LOL

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Ha, ha, ha!!!

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Heck, they dont hafta be good lookin, I'm not.
    Offer to get it runnin and take him for a spin. IF you have the time just workin on a time capsule would be really cool. Experience the technology first hand and personal.

4. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Check out that CDR (Continental Divide Raceway) decal!! Sit down with that guy and enjoy the stories. Too Cool!! Thanks for posting these.

5. The copper plated valve covers matching all the copper lines! Chromed brake and clutch cylinders, Airhearts, Vette wheel! Too cool!!!

Just think, '62 was the first model year to have a 327, which is definitely where those heads (camel humps) and valve covers are from. Hey, it might even be a 301!

6. 31whitey

31whitey

Really amazing car....

amazing story....

look at that build man....look at those pieces....

this guy new his onions....

he is my new HERO....thank him for the inspiration...

7. thequietwon

thequietwon

HaHa...

The thought of possibly aquiring a '32 is better than a paper bag!! Atleast, to my perverted mind...

8. BEAR

BEAR

this sucks why cant people just let stuff go so a new man can take it and get back on the road ..

sorry guys i didnt mean anything by this i would never take anything from anyone.. NEVER...

sorry again

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  9. ckustoms

ckustoms

pretty kool car with lots of parts that were sitting around the garage, had my eye on it for alot of years. really nice guy to talk with but didn't let alot people in too see his deuce..

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

He's got it...he's protecting it from the elements...in his own way he's enjoying it.
    Sounds like he's living his life according to the plan.
    I'm sure he'd rather have the ability to drive it...but I'm equally sure the connection is much deeper than that.

You did good Pops. Thats one hell of a Deuce.

I just hope the next caretaker for that Hot Rod has the sense to redo it as it WAS. It's awesome!

11. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I love the polished firewall and chrome clutch/master cylinders. Oh and the disk brakes... way cool

12. moses

moses

way to cool...jeffrey

13. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Its very cool. Thanks for posting the pics. I hope the next car care taker will finish it off as it should have been.

14. AG F/C

AG F/C

You'll get it if you tell him what it is really worth. Probably fetch 75K sight unseen if it is a western states car.

Anyway how cool it that, probably one of the last things in his minds eye that is keeping him alive. I'd hope that some how it would follow me to the after life where you could be young forever.

15. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

holy shit

16. 53floored

53floored
    from kansas

reminds me of a guy in AR that has an all original 32 vicky that hes been waiting to build but his son keeps buying hotrods for him to fix up and hes almost done with his 32 5w hes had for 40 years so he can sell it and put it into his vicky.

17. cracker head

cracker head

seems to be a bunch of 5w's popping up lately ;)

18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree with getting the car running and taking him (and his Daughters) for a spin. A group of guys could have that running after a weekend or two.
    Your Dad is in good/trusted by the family. Maybe you should let the family know that you'd love to be the future caretaker of the car!? Maybe they'll give you first refusal? The Gentleman may go for this deal for "his" car and just maybe the Daughters would respect his wishes. Usually money rules upon estate settlements, but maybe "Dad's Hot Rod" will get special consideration-especially if the family is not dirt poor. If not, maybe you could handle the sale/auction of the car for a percentage.
    The car is first class-chrome garnishes, etc. Looks to have driven right out of a vintage Hot Rod magazine. What a treasure!

19. this is NOT a good place for spontaneous combustion to occur....if people who store stuff like that realized that all it takes is a spark in a mess like that to make it all go away.....sad, man.

20. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

Doubt it. Odds are at his age, he doesn't need (or could ever spend) the money. If it were me at that age, having had the car that long, I'ld rather have the car than a million useless dollars.

21. this sucks why cant people just let stuff go so a new man can take it and get back on the road ..makes you want to take it when no one is looking

Most of us Old Guys know there are more Guys out there that thinks like this. That's why we keep our good shit tucked away and seldom talk to the Younger inquiering stranger.
    The Wizzard

22. No, it doesn't. You don't steal something just because the owner of it does not want to sell it to you. Were you raised in a prison?

23. BEAR

BEAR

i would never do anything like that i would never take anything from anyone NEVER.. its just sad seeing cars like this ..not on the road where everyone can take part of the joy of the car ..
    sorry if i came off that way im not like that

24. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

That is cool! He must really love that car.

25. duste01

duste01

I didn't know that disc brakes were available in '62.....

26. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

That thing is bitchin!!!

27. I'll take you at your word and believe you made a silly statement on that earlier post. Being one of the many that have come home to find a big boot print on what was the back door and an empty parking spot it's hard to find Humor in a statement like that. It also perminatly changes how you think, who you trust, what you do and the Anger never goes away.
    The Wizzard

28. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

It has Hurst-Airhart brakes, they still sell brakes for industrial and dragster applications

29. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Per Aussie Steves request heres a couple more shots...

Attached Files:

30. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

FWIW, the "lol" at the end of your post suggested to me that you were just being facetious. However, with the history that The Wizzard has had, his reaction is understandable. As far as "why cant people just let stuff go so a new man can take it and get back on the road" goes, with all the 'car guys' out there with the "slice it, dice it and drive it like you stole it" attitude, it's no wonder that many true enthusiasts are reluctant to part with their treasured cars even IF they know they will never drive them again. Just read the thread on " ever sell a car and watch it die". There are too many "hot rodders" that see these as "just tin". Drive it 'till the wheels fall off....then go build another one.