Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2010 Chicago Autorama/World of wheels pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChicagoSlackers1, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Well the 2010 MOTORAMA was a blast it was a great time next year should be even bigger and better. The World of wheels was the best I hve been to in years and the motorama section put on By Voodoo Larry and his wife Susan was out of this world. The Voodoo kings were all great guys and gals they had some great bands and a cool pinup contest. The cars were out of this world and the whole show had an old autorama vibe to it right down to all the old styled signs that were hanging up. In short Larry and the Voodoo Kings put on a great show. It was worth every penny for a 3 day event. And as far as Rosemont convention center goes it was 100% better than McCormick Place way cheaper on everything from food to parcking you could have a good time for 3 days and not break the bank. I will be there next year and hope to seee more of you all next year as well.

here are some pics I took
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

3. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

4. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

We met up with Broadway Bob That was great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

I got some of my art in the Brushmasters auction
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

[​IMG]I am totally honored to have won the VOODOO KINGS CHOICE award. It has got to be the Coolest trophy of not only the night but of all time. Not only is it a trophy but a peice of art. It was so cool to see these dudes with million $$$ cars getting these gay little plaques with no charecter at all then I get this giant 4.5 feet trophy for a car that has less money in it than most of the "show cars" tiers. I couldn't be more excited about my first trophy. It totally Rules it didnt even fit in the car I had lay it across the back seat. And it has action to it. the head and arms move with a spring balanced with gears on the inside. Another bonus was I was bidding on Voodoo Larrys pinstriping all weekend in the art auction and getting out bid but now I have it on my trophy. Thank you Larry, Susan, Shawn and the rest of the Voodoo Kings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Great pic's.....congrats on the award....real sweet ride.

8. VOODOO COWBOY

VOODOO COWBOY
    from No. ILL.

Appreciate the pix and congrats, nice ol'ford, wish I could have been there with yu'all!!!

9. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Thanks guys it was a total blast. My first indoor show and my firts trophy with my first car. Man it was a great show. I didnt see anyone that looked disapointed the whole weekend. Especially at the pinup contest

10. Dave K

Dave K

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a killer show. Did you forgot the pictures of the pinup contest.:)

11. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Ya man I left my camera in my car then I had to run over the the charity auction. It sucks but I am sure someone out there has them.

12. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

Great pics and congrats you deserved it, that coupe was bitchin

13. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

Congradulations! Tried to make it this year, definitely will next year.

14. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Definitely worth it man. I drove my gold shoebox around 225 miles round trip to be there. I didnt trailer it and man it was worth it.

15. Great pics, and I really liked your car when I saw it on Sunday.

16. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

thanks man

17. shitbox2

shitbox2

hey im planning on moving out to chicago mid to late summer....are there any shows or cruises around the city..thanks eric

18. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Hell ya man you could go to a cruze with in an hour of the city every night of the week if you wanted to. Voodoo larry does a good one I hear I plan on going this summer.

19. shitbox2

shitbox2

sweet at least i know theres a good amount of hotrodders out there to hang with.....you know of any good welding jobs out there lol

20. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

several really great pics there. Thanks for sharing.

21. TheFish

TheFish

I was there on Sunday. Drove 2.5 hrs. Had fun. Didn't meet anyone but liked the show. Larry did a good job. Was gonna stop n chat with him but didn't wanna waste his time. Good time tho!

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

thanks for sharing,. love that skate deck in the pinstripe section

23. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

thanks for the pics and congrats, your shoebox is rad i saw your old threads on it

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Cool pics. I agree the show way better than it ever was at McCormick Place. I dig your shoebox man.

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

WOW some really great cars for sure. I think I have a little case of custom fever.

26. Doll Face Striper

Doll Face Striper
    from Lombard,IL

congrats! my boyfriend and i love your car! im pretty sure he was talking to you about paint jobs..

27. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Hell ya that ford of he got is crazy cool. You do some nice Pinstriping. I gotta get back into the pinstriping game myself its been like 2 years.

28. That is a very cool ride. Looks like some damn nice paint work also. Congrats on the recognition. The show was definitely way cooler than any one I went to at Mccormack Place.

29. VooDoo Larry

VooDoo Larry

You should have stopped by and said hi...sorry that I didn't have time to talk, next year's show will be even better

30. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Here's a pic of the 2 trucks we had there. The F100 won best in class and the Classic Trucks Mag award, and Tangerine Scream took the altered pick up award.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]