Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fate of the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 22, 2010.

1. lowelife

lowelife

If its anything like last year the sun will be welcome!

After all it is October.

2. slammed

slammed

Yeah, bay-bee. They should use it to fill pot hole's on the roadway's!! Thank you Hellfish for the reply.

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

You won't need to. There are 4 large brick and mortar restroom facilities on site. I imagine we'll have portapotties outside the gate for all the fools who show up hours early.

4. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Ok....on the potties....Will there be hot coffee and donuts for the early birds again?

Just checking...just checking.......

HeallRaiser

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

No idea. I haven't even contacted the vendors yet.

6. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  7. fenian65

fenian65

woo hoo!!!!! decatur is awesome! and closer to me!

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

GOOD! The show is for traditional hot rods and customs. There SHOULD be more shiney cars and less rust buckets at a traditional car show.

9. lowelife

lowelife

Hopefully less shock and awe cars and more quality built hot rods.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

We're working on some clearer criteria, and much greater consistency between inspectors. It will be a better show all around this year.

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

many people this weekend at the Chicago show were bummed about the move down to Decatur...............
    I told every single one of them - this is ONLY gonna make the show better.
    Imagine the HCPU in Chicago area - with the cars that you see every year. (cause you know most of them are gonna be there) BUT ADD all the cars you have never seen from TN, Arkansas, MO, KY, and Southern IL.
    I suspect you will see an all new selection of cars that will blow everyone away.

The HCPU will be 2000 cars in just a few short years.................
    OK - maybe 5 years - but this is gonna be THE event for people to show up from Georgia to Louisiana to Virginia and Oklahoma.

Some say I am crazy - but we will see. This move is gonna wind up being one of the best things that happened for the HCPU. I have even laid a bet on it with some friends............
    so I hope I am right!

12. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

John, I bet we see close to 2000 this year.

13. power58

power58

Glad to hear the good news. Of course Now I will need to get up at 5AM to get there,but it will be well worth it. The Hunnert Lives !! Long Live the Hunnert !

14. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

I am with Glenn in betting that the HCPU hits 2000 cars this year.

15. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I agree 1000%. It was getting a little out of hand with some of the stuff that was allowed in.

16. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

I think 2000 also..:)

17. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

This will be great. I do have to ask tho...just because someone may have gotten in before(with a rusty, a ratty, a kinda crappy ride) does not mean they will get in this year? I'm all for keeping some of the stuff on the outside, and if you are going to do so, you might want to start saying it now. I can gaurantee you there will be a bunch of guys saying "I was let in before"...or "I was in the show last year" etc. I know it will be tough, but I sure hope that there can be some more consistant and strict guidlines for what is allowed in the show. I wish you guys, and gals, all the best. Like they told Waterboy..."YOU CAN DOIT"!!!

18. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

If anyone wants info on what there is to do, see in decatur or any info on the hotels Feel free to message me! I live here, and believe me, i am beyond excited that this show is going on here! For those of you who are staying at the Sleep Inn.... you are a bunch of lucky dogs... you can see progress city right out the south windows of the hotel... although there may possibly be 2 fields of beans or corn between yas lol. Oh... and i apologize in advance to the girls who dont like pinups... my friends and I will be there in full force since we dont have to travel to this show anymore :D hehehe

19. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

Burlesque? I'm reading this whole thread backwards, so I am probably going to answer my own question within minutes... but might as well throw it out there.... WHO SAID WHAT ABOUT BURLESQUE? You know that Decatur has over 186 inches of legs in their own burlesque troupe right?

20. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

Ok... one last post then I'll shut up for a week or so... I promise... but I guess with the show being in my hometown and knowing that the press will be all over this like white on rice... I have a feeling that I wont be holding a trunk lid open while slamming beers all day like I did last year... so if anyone wants to sneak me a beer ever 5 cars or so it would be greatly appreciated hahaha!

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

Because "traditional" is somewhat subjective and we have several inspectors, our websites ALWAYS says "Just because you got in before doesn't mean you'll get in again". It's impossible to be scalpel-precise with the entry criteria, but we've hopefully worked it down from a big stick to a semi-sharp axe. :D

I think I did... as in we'd like to boost attendance for the Saturday night party. Burlesque might do it... but NOT this year.

Progress City will be serving up PBR all day long. It was funny. We mentioned beer sales to them and they said "PBR?! Do they still make that?! We'll find a distributor!" :D

22. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

How about Lonestar like the bar had last year?

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Snappers is working on getting Lonestar AND PBR :D

24. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

HA HA HA Shit ! You would think that just the nice cars would be on the trailers . I was driving around before 5am and after the show and you see both. Lets face it guys it going to happen and some for good reasons some for the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong if you see mine on a trailer it's been stolen or sold, I enjoy the ride. I'm just happy to see the cars get out and maybe we can make the trailer car guys get enought confidence to drive the cars to the show this year or the next. I'm pretty sure that is the reason for alot of the trailers too. It does suck to brake down and hate to say it not alot of folks stop to help anymore. I stopped three times last year on my drive home and heard the samething nobody else was stopping. I think we All should stop and help!!
    Now the sloppy ground is a whole different problem with folks and nice paint . That gravel dust, sloppy concrete chip slurry puddles I would much rather have mud and wet grass But what the hell do I know I drive a old car with old paint:D So its good to hear about the new joint and look forward to the longer drive and see new folks and cars and the Swap;)

25. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

John has the world's coolest "Swap Meet Support Vehicle"

26. No Old Style?

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

This one? :D

[​IMG]

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

A lil' sneak peek at what we have lined up for your listening pleasure. I'm really excited about the awesome talent we were able to get. I'm still working on descriptions... so I included video and will let the bands do their own talking.

Friday Night Pre-show Party at Snappers (Clinton, IL)

Hot Rod Hucksters (rockabilly; Chicago/Joliet) - includes 3 HAMBers! :D

[​IMG]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NN2uXN9UOds&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NN2uXN9UOds&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I stole this description from one of their revues...
    The DEL MOROCCOS are a powerful 8 piece Rock n' Roll band (guitar, bass, drums, piano, tenor/bari sax, and 3 sexy frontwomen) who put out an awesome full-length show of dirty R'N'R, R&B material with girl group vocals. Knock the Ray-ettes and Link Wray together, with a blast of garage, a hit of late '50s black rock n' roll, dress 'em up like Johnny Cash, and you get a raucous, mean mix of "'50s garage". The members are veteran Chicago musicians from the rockabilly, surf, ska, jazz and R & B scenes, from bands including: Mighty Blue Kings, Jimmy Sutton's Four Charms, Deals Gone Bad, Cave Catt Sammy, The Stranger, Kevin O'Donnell's Quality 6, Reluctant Aquanauts and The Stacks.

[​IMG]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I--H2nZwuVM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I--H2nZwuVM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Saturday AT the Pileup - Progress City!

The Afterdarks (psychobilly, the good kind; Quad Cities)

[​IMG]

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKEXfSx2lNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKEXfSx2lNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ruby Ann (rockabilly; NYC/Portugal - yeah, Portugal)

[​IMG]

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzDQiw8HLAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzDQiw8HLAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

-TBA- - still working on this one

Saturday Night Post-show Party at Snappers (Clinton, IL)

The Dyes (lo-fi garage/rockabilly; Chicago)

[​IMG]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qA2yo8LHesY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qA2yo8LHesY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Honeybees (rockabilly; Chicago)

[​IMG]

old singer
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/218pdP8tua0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/218pdP8tua0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

looks like I am gonna have to hit the pre party fer sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Man with all the pitches for beer, PBR, Lonestar, and Old Style....I'm suprised nobody is askin fer Blatz!!! That stuff was/is some stuff for sure...I can remember you could by a case of bottles for $3.00!!! That was in the late 80's. I still think it was over priced!!! I've never had such bad headaches and shits from anything else....Blatz should have been called schatz...cuz thats what ya got from it! Does anybody know if Blatz is still around? Not that I care...just wonderin.