Register now to get rid of these ads!

circuit breakers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ykp53, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ykp53

ykp53
    from macon ga

i purchased a new 6v heater blower and for my car. the manf. supplied me with a fan control but it has a 12v 30 amp curcuit installed in the controls, on a 6 volt system this would be 60 amp, correct? i should remove it and install a new one. can i install a 12 volt 15 amp if i cant find a 6v 30 amp?

2. power58

power58

I have never heard a 6 volt blower draw 60 amps, the generator would never be able to charge the battery. Are you running a 12 volt system now ? If the fan controller converts 12 volt down to 6 volts, then the 30 amp breaker is correct. If you are running a 6 volt battery the 12 volt electronic controller would not work. If you could give a picture or description on the controller it would help.

3. It will trip at 30 amps regardless of the voltage.

4. ykp53

ykp53
    from macon ga

this what stamped on the side of it..

"12v 30 amp circuit breaker"

it is a 6 volt motor.. i am still running 6 volts. this is the fan control they sent me (im prettty sure they sent me a control for a 12 volt), just wondering if i need to try to find a 6volt circuit breaker or not.

i figured a fan speed switch is a fan speed switch 6volt or 12 volts shouldnt matter.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That no heater motor should draw 30 amps...much less 60.......either way, that's the whole point of a circuit breaker...........if the appliance is drawing too many amps, it "breaks" the circuit..........it agrees with you view......... :)

Ray