Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 14, 2007.

1. MILNR

MILNR

Sure, no question he thought he could deliver them when he said. Guess who gets pushed back at the platers when they get busy, the smaller volume shops.

It's nothing personal to anyone, Jimmy, Gary, etc....I'm simply saying, where is all the good stuff? I'm not seeing it. First time dealing with them, I expected something different based on what I had seen and heard on here.

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Right. But it's been two weeks...since you ordered custom, reversed offset, chrome wheels built to order. I've had things take longer than that just to ship. You might want to let a little more time go by before resorting to internet notification...

3. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

We are very much in business.Early Wheel Co. .. I ship and sell lots of wheels... Jimmy (wheelkid)is a friend of mine and in the same business.... If you were wanting reverse wheels with chrome and single bolt original style centers.. They do take a little while.. The chromer will push back small orders if something big comes up....We try to send out wheels same or next day after the order is placed... Once in a while you will see a delay on a special wheel etc.... If you check other threads you will see that delivery delays are not the norm for Jimmy or my company...Jason.

WWW.EARLYWHEEL.COM
    805-772-7997

4. MILNR

MILNR

Thanks for the clarification....didn't think a delay is the norm, just had been promised a couple of different dates in two weeks. Based on the orig committed to schedule, other schedules were in place that now are moving out.

Main issue I "resorted to internet notification" as you say dreddybear was basically to pass on my experience, all be it, one time, of working with one of our beloved suppliers, and probably a little frustration in being told one thing and getting another. I'm sure that's happened to us all from time to time.

5. 5window

5window

I understand the issues, and these guys have a good rep. But just once, I'd like to see a posting that said hey,they promised me a month and I got it in three weeks. That's be a short thread, I suppose.

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

7. MILNR

MILNR

Dreddybear, your attached thread is exactly why I went to them in the first place and why I sent my note on the experience I had....because it didn't match what I had seen, heard, etc...

I've talked to Jimmy more than once. He's a good guy....but is unfortunately limited by the suppliers he is associated with. In today's business, that's a tough place to be...... later.

8. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Well it comes off a little more "I was fucked over by wheelkid" than "There was a slight delay that no one could control"...

You don't see it from your side. But thats how it looks.

9. MILNR

MILNR

DB, You're right...not seeing that at all.

Thought I was keeping it pretty mild really. Didn't have to but I did. Don't believe I resorted to any language either...nice talk. I'll bet you're a real professional and run a business too huh! :) Sounds like you have a lot of experience.

10. banditomerc

banditomerc

You need to learn your lesson....stop using them and they will go away...:cool:

11. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

Well, I am 1/2 way between Stockton (Wheel) and Fresno (Wheel Vintiques). I have a buddy that works for Wheel Vintiques. Take a guess where I will be going when I get my wheels.

12. racer756

racer756

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Frustrating

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  14. MILNR

MILNR

I don't get where you are coming from?? I'm sure the wheels will be perfect...that's what I'm buying from them, a perfect as expected product, aside from expectations of great service and turnaround time.

15. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Huh??? Dude, that was YEARS ago. I did stop using them. And I stopped using them after the second experience. No sense in shitcanning someone after only one deal. Everyone has a bad day now and then. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I'm the one that started this particular thread. so I'm not sure what lesson I'm supposed to learn here.

16. Mydropped92

Mydropped92
    from Yakima,wa

I went to stockton wheel site today......Domain is For Sale.

17. versicat

versicat

I'm pretty sure that someone at Stockton Wheel SERIOUSLY dropped the ball and let their domain name expire.
    I called them the day their site went down, and they thought they had been hacked.. I don't think so though. Watching with interest.

18. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do NOT use STOCKTON WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!! They SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Holy crap. I can't believe this thread still comes up. Truth in that you should check the HAMB for Gospel regarding a company you're looking to do business with.

20. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I agree... but we have 15 pages here... Sounds like they have had off years...

21. 5window

5window

If you go to Stocktonwheel.net, Firefox automatically loads Wheel Vintiques.

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The April 2010 issue of Street Rodder Mag.has a small ad from Stockton Wheel with www.Stockton.com as the web site. I went there and sure enough, the domain is for sale.
    Guess they either gave up on the internet or they went tits up! Wonder if Street Rodder has been paid for that ad?
    Dave

23. versicat

versicat

24. versicat

versicat

Their site's back up.

25. Do Good Jr.

Do Good Jr.
    from texas

A buddy of mine has been waiting 2 months for some chrome reverse wheels for his truck. Paid up front ,he was told 2 weeks. still no show. Trying to get the truck completed for Lonestar Roundup.

26. Wicked50

Wicked50

The name gives it away STOCKTON WHEELS. Stockton was named worst place to live in the U.S last year

27. 5window

5window

They probably should rename it "Out-of Stock-ton Wheels".

28. Bugs

Bugs

I have a friend who just received a set of supremes that he ordered from Frank himself and was told that the quality of these wheels would be unequalled. After waiting 9 months the wheels that showed up were a pathetic joke! The chrome is full of tiny pits and scratches,there are places where the chrome is blistered and blued from the assembly,there are spots where the welds have burned clear through the rims. You can see on the back of the spokes where the centers were started in the rim by beating on them with a hammer. Where the centers were pressed in the spokes plowed ruts in the rims clear down to the point where you can see the copper underplating. When he called Frank and voiced his displeasure with the product he was basically told that they planned to do nothing. This is still an ongoing battle so good luck to anyone who wants to take a chance with these jokers! Personally I would avoid these people like the plague!

29. Mydropped92

Mydropped92
    from Yakima,wa

I would drive to their store and throw the d@mn things through thier window.