Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post some pics of your favorite Lo Gloss/ Suede/ Primered TRUCKX!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Shop trucks,

Attached Files:

2. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Glad to see someone post in this thread again.

3. Mine is my favorite. Well, not really because it is my favorite so much, but you know, dance with the one you brung and all that ...

[​IMG]

4. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Mine (again)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. 65fordguy

65fordguy

6. Troostr

Troostr
    from Artesia NM

7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

This is mine no primer but is pin striped I was told by a youngster that it was not a (tradtional hot rod ) piss on him !!!! cool is cool fun is fun !!

Attached Files:

8. 65fordguy

65fordguy

looks traditional to me... looks fun to me! Dig the blue chevy troostr

9. cjmac

cjmac

My old 57.

Attached Files:

10. serkombi71

serkombi71
    from Brazil

Hi Gas Huffer I am a Brazilian guy who saw your ex-truck in Good guys Columbus Ohio on July 2009. Have you ever seen her after you have sold it? If not, you can see it into this page: (go to page 6 and see her as a blue patina apache). http://www.truckinweb.com/webonly/0907trweb_2009_goodguys_show_columbus_ohio/ford_truck_rod.html

11. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

Not traditional? Huh... I think you nailed with that one! I love it!

12. Hoodlum Jim

Hoodlum Jim

Heres my 60 Apache. I resprayed it in blue primer and did a bit of pinstriping around it and put some 'weathered' logos on the doors. I preferred it much better than the pukey green it was when i bought it. Sold it about 4 weeks ago.:(

[​IMG]

13. 65fordguy

65fordguy

14. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

Thanks to serkombi71, I finally found out what happened to my old truck. I sold it to a guy back a year and a half ago in Ohio, but had since deployed to Afghanistan. I sure do miss the old girl...

The first photo's how she is now, and the second was the last I saw it. The last was one of the first evolutions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. Dave K

Dave K

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDave%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Your old truck looks great. That is some of the better faux patina I have seen

I am finally getting my truck to the point that I am happy with it. All that is left to do is lower the back (the frame notch is already done) as soon at I get done with landscaping my yard and no longer need to haul heavy loads.

Attached Files:

• 061.JPG
      061.JPG
      File size:
      50.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      83.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      74.4 KB
      Views:
  16. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Dave,

I love the stance on your truck. How about a full on side shot from down low? And I know I've read somewhere before, but what is your suspension setup? I've talked to so many people about it lately, I forget who's running what, lol. :D

17. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

And to contribute a little, here's mine.

[​IMG]

18. Dave K

Dave K

4" drop axle with a<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> reverse eye mono leaf in the front and the rear axle is flipped. I will be adding the mono leaf in the rear soon.
    Here is a side view shot. You can see the rear really needs to come down.

Attached Files:

19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks for the pic Dave. I agree totally. It seems '55-'57s look better with a slight rake and ''58-'59s look better flatter.

20. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

Contributing to a great thread!

Mine.

[​IMG]

21. ysmitty

ysmitty
    from mass

Wow, that truck is killer......... I really like the wheel and tire combo you have. Can you tell me the size and what they are? I think they might look good on my 55 second series.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  22. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,1969 ,,Anchorage,Alaska,,,my old '54 Ford drag truck ,,396 BB/ Muncie 4 speed / Dana 60 ...home made 'glass ome piece tilt front ,,,baby blue primer,,
    [​IMG]

23. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,from the rear ,,at the old Polar DragWay,,
    [​IMG]

24. Gator

Gator

25. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,KQQL TRUCKS ALL Guys ,,,Neet Stuff,,,

26. Gator

Gator

27. Jman1976

Jman1976

Here is mine I hope you guys like it.

Attached Files:

28. Gotzy

Gotzy

Here's my old primered '40

Colour's funny in this shot but I like the angle

[​IMG]

This the colour it really looked like

[​IMG]

29. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

just discovered this thread - lots of inspiration here!
    here is my 55 1st ,in grey primer, gotta lay some real paint on her soon cause the australian weather will not be kind!
    [​IMG]

30. theorangecouch

theorangecouch

heres my "48"

Attached Files: