Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hood ornaments on "Modern Marvels" on The History channel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Mar 7, 2010.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I was just watching the episode about "chrome"

They had a guy who collects old hood ornaments. He had one call the "action twins" It is two little men turning a propeller. It is propelled by the wind. I have never seen a hood ornament that moved with the wind. Anyone have more info on this?

I Googled it and can't find anything.

2. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I tried Googling it, and I only found one page. Ofcourse, when I clicked on it it was nowhere on the page (don't you hate that?). I did get from the link though that they were bade by the Action Ornament Company of Saint Paul, Minnesota.

Nothing came up when I Googled that.

3. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

The ones one the show were chrome.

4. I went to a party at a guys house in Hollywood and was amazed at his collection of hood ornaments! They were all displayed in china cabinets like expensive crystal. I just walked from one to another and another. Should have snuck a camera in,haha! But then I would have been tossed out...

5. TOWMAN

TOWMAN

i saw that episode that was really cool, i think the guy said he payed like 15,000 for it around 20 years ago! he had a nice collection it should be in the smithsonian lol