Register now to get rid of these ads!

"moment of ignorance"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54belair pusher, Mar 7, 2010.

1. 54belair pusher

54belair pusher
    from cincinnati

ok guys i need some help....its spring and i just got the 54 running...it runs! runs great! but, it doesn't stop...at all...now it still has 4 drums all around and i';m figuring I'm very low on fluid...where would i go about filling it back up with fluid?!!! i cant find a fill cap anywhere....pardon my ignorance if it's in an obvious place...

-235 inline 6
    -2spd powerglide

2. Under the drivers floorboard, there is an access hole

3. You will have to peel back the carpet, maybe remove teh sill plate, depending on your car

FWIW, unless you wanna switch to a dual MC setup, 6inarow has a good MC for sale in the classifieds iffin you need it.

4. 54belair pusher

54belair pusher
    from cincinnati

5. trialbyfire

trialbyfire

That would be correct! good luck filling it with out making a mess.

6. Oh wait, no, tast the fluid in there first!;)

Yes, you got it. May take a little force, depending on corrosion to remove the plug.

7. 54belair pusher

54belair pusher
    from cincinnati

haha not that ignorant....thanks fellas!

8. No worries, let us know how it comes out.

9. Ice man

Ice man

And be sure to blow away any dirt and crud from the hole so no stuff gets in the fluid. Iceman

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Please pull all 4 drums as part of your spring brake tune up. It's just good maintenance even if they were replaced not too long ago. You can pack the wheel bearing while you are at too.:D

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

If it is that low on fluid, probably will need to fix a cylinder or 2 or the master, probably got some leaks.

12. 54belair pusher

54belair pusher
    from cincinnati

running and stopping beautiful! pain to bleed them drums....i hear disks in the future?...Lucy lives once again! haha here we come cruise-ins
    thanks again guys, its nice knowing there are still guys more than happy to help a fellow rodder!

13. duste01

duste01

Thats not nearly "not even close" as ignorant as a lady from church telling my crying wife who is suffering from depression that she needs to stop listening to the devil and she will get better. Never mind she was hit by lightning, or her Mother was depressed, or that she lost three aunts to suicide......NOW THATS IGNORANT.
    Your question my friend was not an ignorant question, glad you found it.