Register now to get rid of these ads!

hilborn ID plz

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket man 88, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Rocket man 88

Rocket man 88

Hi all...got a pat pend hilborn sbc injection set up and i am wondering how to identify the year of manufacturing of it...any info will as always be appreciated.

2. Deuces

Deuces

Pictures please pictures.... And lots of'em!! :):D

3. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Call Fuel Injection Engineering (current name for Hilborn Engineering) and they will be able to tell you when it was made based upon the numbers cast into the bottom of the intake and the bore diameters. That's what I did for the setup in my avatar.

Joe

4. If you call Hilborn as suggested above, Don Enriquez can tell you exactly who it was originally sold to. They have amazing records of all their old stuff. It's very cool.

5. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

I used to talk to Vern. I never met him but he sounded...um how to make this look nice....um he sounded vintage. Vern also was a wealth of information about old Hilborn stuff and setting them up. I hope he is still there.

Joe

6. Rocket man 88

Rocket man 88

nice, nice...i will call...you think the # would be on they're website?

7. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

www.hilborninjection.com. Has an online contact form.

Phone #949 360 0909, office open 9-5 Mon-Fri.

As stated prev, they should be able to tell you who they first sold it to and when from the serial # unless they have changed their policy. Did it for my buddy years ago for his flathead set up.

8. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Mine is for a flathead ford stamped #36 .They told me it was the 37 th sold and was sold to a speed shop in Hartford Ct. in 1950

9. I know this sounds stupid.....but where would you find the serial number? I've got an old nailhead one and one side (of one of them, both say the same thing) has Los Angeles Hilborn Injector Pat Pend and the other side says 324-B-8. I don't see any other markings on it anywhere.

10. dudley32

dudley32

try ...alkydigger..on thebay...

11. Deuces

Deuces

How about being a pal and post some cool pictures of it...... Please???? :) Thanks!

12. Rocket man 88

Rocket man 88

I'll post some pic's round noonish tomorrow..and thanks again

13. here's all i got without taking more....

but everyone's talking serial numbers, since the 324-B-8 is cast raised letters.

Attached Files:

14. Vern was was "vintage" when I worked there 20 years ago! Encyclopedic knowledge about the stuff.

BTW - they've always been Fuel Injection Engineering, there's two divisions, the engineering side and Hilborn Manufacturing that actually makes the injectors.

15. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Flathead set up I saw had real small numbers stamped into the top flat surface. Hard to see quick, had to look for them and then hit with carb/brake cleaner to read easily.