Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 ford 3 window ideas...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lkydevil310, Feb 13, 2010.

1. uncle buck

uncle buck

Flame me too, cuz I'm with Carlos on this one. I scrapped the dropped axle in my roadster many years ago for a M-II based front. The car drives much better now. I have friends here that will back me on how nice the ride and drivabillity is now , and don't even give a second thought about a 2,000 mile trip from here at 75 - 80 mph . Just gotta always remind myself to toss a couple of extra quarts of oil in the back for that damn oil burning Chevy before I leave.

2. Mustang II!!!!!! The horror!!!!!!

3. erlomd

erlomd

i agree, nothing better than a dropped straight axle...
    and bags? well, cant complain much there...its cool, i wouldnt put one on my rides but im not against it...its preety cool when you slam it in a parking lot!

4. erlomd

erlomd

the kustoms world is a whole different world, very cool how bits and pieces can come together to make something so unique...robert williams says: "a kustom to get the chick, and a hot rod to get away from her"....like that hasnt been quoted about a million times here!

5. im still trying to figuere out how do they bag a drop axle car....i know that black and red 36 has his set up like that...... i need to find that pic of his car

6. i love the chop that cole foster did on that black 36 and the metal work to convert a 5 window to a 3 window priceless

7. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

I'm pretty sure all three cars mentioned in this thread are Mustang II. If ya want it that low,thats what ya got. I personally wouldn't go that way, but I like straight axles. Don't get me wrong though, I like low too. Thats why I modified my front crossmember to drop an extra 1 3/8", along with dropped axle and reverse eye spring. Of course, had to raise the flathead the same to clear the crossmember. Don't know how low it will end up, but probably low enough to wreck the grill on a speedbump!

Attached Files:

8. yes you are correct sir. (ed macman voice for jonny carson.)

9. Thanks for the pic Hellonwheels

10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

:)got the motor in my five window yesterday got the dropped spindles in it staarted to mock it up to see how everything fits still should settle a little more.one with the hood on it is without the motor and dropped spindles.with the saginaw did not have to cut the fire wall or the floors am going to notch X member for shifter clearance

Attached Files:

11. thats a nice solid 5 windows...dont like chrome wheels but over all looks good

12. FrancoKustoms

FrancoKustoms
    from EL EY

Enough already post some pix of what you got

13. wow take it easy....Big Bastard.... ill take some pics this weekend.....just come and look at it your self Mijo

14. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

did black steelies and red steelies I thought I would try chrome ,I remember back in 1970 I wanted a set of chrome reverse on my 67 chevelle so bad I couldnt think of anything but them kinda like the kid on Chrismas Story and his red ryder bb gun.This is the first set since.Now if I can keep my dog from pissin on em

15. joel c.

joel c.
    from so cal

theres a cat with a shop in Wilmington that can chop your car. his name is henry if interested let me know ill give you his # and wheres the pics?

16. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Iky- Don't touch it man!

Keep it as it is........

Not many look like that!

Here's Sam Apap's '36.

Photo taken by Aushotrods.

HC.

Attached Files:

17. Really whats his number...is he any good ........

18. Any info on the car shop suspension on that car looks good

19. Wicked50

Wicked50

I say leave it

20. leave it a stocker

21. Do you have a pic.?

22. Yea I do but for some reason it won't post I'll retry

23. I use photo bucket....download there.....copy that lower line, paste here....

24. derelict

derelict

[​IMG]

This was at the Sacramento Autorama.

25. nice...love the spoke wheels

26. i wonder if hes running a stock suspension kinda seems like it.. and looks like a 3 inch chopp

27. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

6 Pages and no pics.... what are you holding out on us for... email me the pic and Ill post that dang thing!

28. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Perfect!

29. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

The yellow car with the brown wires was built by Roseville Rod & Custom.

Beautiful show car with top notch interior and attention to detail.

Must II front susp. with coilovers and parallel leafs in the rear.

That's a 3 inch chopped glass body made by J.B. Donaldson in Phoenix.