Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seats for Model A truck ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldoginMd, Mar 3, 2010.

1. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Has anyone found Non stock seat or buckets that fit in a 1930 Model A closed cab truck ? If so what works ? Make and model or year ?
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  2. hvychvy

hvychvy

I've used 65 mustang,but a lot of guys use a mini-van rear seat.Depends on your floor.

3. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

4. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Hvy ...gill ,
    Thanks a lot ! I just need a starting point and that thread gill was aces !!!

5. TOWMAN

TOWMAN

try a school bus seat or a ford ranger etc there small

6. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

I was picking around tractor supply the other day and noticed some really cool tractor seats that would be prefect for a model A truck. They were yellow but thats nothing a little SEM paint couldnt handle. I think they were around 25$ each. Just and Idea.

Mike

7. nobillet

nobillet
    from minnesota

the middle bench seat from an early to mid 90s chrysler mini van. the far back is too wide some models had middle buckets, others had middle bench seat narrower to allow access to the back seat. it is about the right width, had one as a rumble seat in a 36 dodge pu box and it fit perfect. for an A cab you might have to narrow it slightly not sure tho.

8. I dropped a S-10 bench seat in my roadster. Had to chop about 5" outa the middle. Pulled off the old cover and washed out all the rat urine from the foam. No stinky now. Chopped the four feet on the sliders to get it down 1" . Added some new foam for lumbar support and recovered it in vinyl. Nice wide pleats and it looks like it coulda been an original. Best of all the seat was FREE!

9. sugarlou

sugarlou

dodge caravan seat in a '44 Chevy pickup.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  10. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

I have a 1931 Chevy Closed Cab Pickup...it is pretty close to the Ford, and I am using bucket seats from a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire.

11. mramc1

mramc1

I used the rear flip seat out of a Suzuki Samuri in my '29 Model A truck and it works good with the 4" channel and 4" chop the cab has. My dad used the middle seat out of a Dodge Caravan (1980s version) in his unchannelled and unchopped A truck with good results. The rear seat out of a '88-'98 Suburban is also a good fit.

Josh Quick
    Quick Speed Shop