Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new girl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Theo:HotRodGod, Feb 18, 2010.

1. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

2. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

Snow quit for a few hours. with help I got her home. I pulled the fuel tank and this thing has several quarter sized holes in it and is lined with sludge. Not worth my time to fix it, car must drive by June. Does any one have a line on a inexpenseve Gas tank. I Don't want to pay more then $150.00 for a gas tank. help!

3. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

You are in the same boat as I. I need a gas tank for my 48 2dr sedan.

Very cool cars. It seem like I have been seeing more of the 2dr sedans pop up recently. I think they look pretty cool, but I may be a bit biased.:cool:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Theo:HotRodGod

5. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Before you put your wife in the drivers seat for safety sake check out the brake system.All rubber flex hoses on these old cars may look good but with age they may break under use .Wheel cylinders tend to leak also.A friend of mine just crashed his cool shoebox that he worked on for years.He checked the brakes but didn't rebuild wheel cylinders,Yes one gave way and he rearended a car. A friend of mine that started driving his pristeen 57 T bird his flex hose blew and he ran a red light getting broadsided on Colfax and Sheridan st,Totaled it.He was lucky to walk away. So I am not trying to bum you out but take the time to really check it out. My vote is to eventually CHOP the top. Nice car man.

6. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Check with Svegals Auto parts on Santafae.They have unlimited parts and are reasonably priced.

7. Theo:HotRodGod

Yeah I know Svegals, been there for years. I did not even concider them thanks. Oh! and no problems, all drums are off and the wheel cylinders on on the bench ready for over haul.

8. tomcat46

tomcat46

Looks familiar! Cool project.

[​IMG]

9. Theo:HotRodGod

Now I need some 16" wheels.

10. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

I wouldn't kick her out of the garage

11. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I agree on the keeping the inline idea. I just got to hear my 48 run for the first time tonight thanks to the 46's engine donation. Very inspiring to get going on the car some more.

I have a part's car 46 4 dr that still has a lot on it, so let me know if you are missing anything; I might have it for ya. The wheels are rusted through along with almost all the sheetmetal, and I took out the dash, speedo/clock, and engine/tranny for my 48. Otherwise it has a lot of the little parts that seem to disappear.

12. big creep

big creep

13. May Street Relics

May Street Relics

Lower it white walls four bars skirts and make a carson top

14. Theo:HotRodGod

15. Theo:HotRodGod

[​IMG]More pic's on my profile page. mor to be added soon.