Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHUCK BERRY performing at the 2010 Shifters VLV car show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jul 24, 2009.

1. autobilly

autobilly

Truer words never said! In the words of W.S. Harley "just go!"

2. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thats why its called a rockabilly weekender!! Hell ,thats a weekend we should all be a part of,its a great time . i am going this year and every year after that!

3. NOTCH

NOTCH

we are ready to make our 1,000 mile trip to viva and back! Cant wait!
    and hopefully get to attend the tiki party on sunday, cuz i miss it every frickin year

Attached Files:

4. axle

axle
    from Drag City

ENTERTAINMENT FOR THE CAR SHOW:

ATOMIC THREE - Great Rockabilly from Riverside Ca.

CHOP TOPS - Northern California RocknRoll

THE ELIMINATORS - The BEST Surf band in the world - as far as i'm concerned. These guys are the real deal ~ part of the Doheny Long Boarders Association, own Woodies, Live at the beaches of Orange County, and are full of reverb!

CHUCK BERRY - One of the kings

"DEL VILLAREAL" & "ROCKIN VIC" your guest DJ's for the entire day.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  5. Bodger45

Bodger45

The back up band alone is worth going for!!!

6. FU** !!! I would love to see Chuck Berry tear that stage up!!!!!

7. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Awesome line up!
    The Chop Tops are so much fun to watch...those guys really played revved up music. Seems hard to find acts that are in between Rockabilly and Psychobilly these days.
    It's gonna be a good time

8. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

the chop tops are only playing at the car show?

9. superchiicken

superchiicken

Chuck berry and also the whole wild records .. Man.. !! Its goign to be a fun weekend. Race u guys to the bar!! Red,yellow, green.!!!!!!

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

The Eliminators !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CClp-6ODHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CClp-6ODHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

11. i cant wait flyin out to check it out. Super stoked about the bands especially Chuck Berry

12. 68Caddy

68Caddy

the Chop Tops are one of my favorite bands. I think they are also playing in the Pub the rest of the time.

13. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

This sounds awesome. The Chop Tops are killer. I have to wonder how well Chuck Berry can perform these days, but it would be cool as hell to see him anyway. That's a long ass ride from here.

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

Like I said in other posts, MAKE SURE you check out Cash O'riley this year.

15. 68Caddy

68Caddy

First time oldschool?

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

*********************** U P D A T E *******************************************

The car show is filling up fast guys. If you plan on attending be sure to register now and not wait til the last minute. Clubs that register at once (5 or more cars) are eligible for a discounted rate. Simply email [email protected] . If solo go to www.vivalasvegas.net and register online. You must submit a photo of your car for approval. All Hamb friendly cars will more than likely be approved - Fenderless 60's Chevy pickups need not bother.

The broken record continues - This year everyone is going to notice a significant increase in the quality of the cars - something the Shifters have worked very hard at achieving .

Just some of the clubs we're expecting to see from all over the U.S. and Canada:
    Road Rockets
    Gonners
    Shredders
    Emperors
    King of Knights
    Throttle Kings
    Lordsmen
    Viejitos
    Kingsmen
    Northside Street Rods - Regina Canada
    Rumble Cats of Texas
    Gearheads
    Lifters
    Aces
    Road Devils
    Cavaliers
    Reelers
    Los Reyes
    Calaveras
    Satans Chaufers
    David Rivers Hot Rod gang of Las Vegas
    Throttlers of Salt Lake City Utah
    Pscycho Saints of L.A.
    Auto Butchers
    Pasadena Roadster Club
    Henchmen
    Lords
    Street Sweepers
    Alex Gambino/Gambino Kustoms
    John Parker & friends
    and many many more...........

Can't wait to hear one of our kings perform "Johnny Be Good" !

Shifters So Cal

17. dj_rockinvic

dj_rockinvic

Looking forward to djing the car show. I should have my 53 chevy re-Kustomized by then.

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Can't wait to see your car Vic !

19. Kerry67

Kerry67

One month off, cant wait........This will be the longest trip in the wagon. I am leaving Thursday morning around 9-ish. I plan on hitting a gas station around every 80-100 miles since my gas gauge is not the most accurate and I have no idea what kind of mileage to expect. If anyone else is leaving the Phoenix area, watch for me on the side of the road in case I have some trouble !

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

There are a lot of people coming from Phoenix. Maybe you can caravan with them?

21. We have a guy coming from BRUNEI!

22. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

im finally making the big trip to viva and the band line up just alone is a good reason to go! chuck berry!!!!... one of the bands that i see alot out this way are going hope you guys get to see them preform they are really energetic great to watch the gashouse gorillas .

ill be going picture crazy at the car show and dance crazy the rest of the time i can not wait :)

23. axle

axle
    from Drag City

One month away !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJv6X6qAjXA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJv6X6qAjXA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

24. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

We're all super stoked-up about this year's show, Alex! Thanks for having us again, and we look forward to seeing you and the other Shifters out on the asphalt AND in the shade of the Orleans! Sounds like you might make it out for the Gunnison show again in August -- maybe? We'd sure love to have you and the missus again... See you in about 3 1/2 weeks! Scott and Lindsay

25. Looks like i'm taking the Cat Killer to Vegas!!! Just talked to Axle and he wants me to slide on in!!! Haven't been in over ten years. Should be a blast!!! Can't wait to cruise the strip...and take pic's,of course!

26. Adam F

Adam F

Nooch, SideshowRob, and myself are heading over this year. We will be flying into LAX from Melbourne Australia (7900 mi.)

We plan in hitting up Bob's diner in Downey on the Wednesday then heading over to NV on Thursday. Hope to meet some fellow HAMBERs along the way - if anyone driving from CA has spare seats going for some aussies who'll pay gas money let us know! Would love to cruise in style - otherwise it will be a rental.

Adam F

27. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

We are coming down with a couple of cars. We are really looking forward to this event. This is going to be a good one. I am excited to be part of this show coming back to its roots again. Its been three years ago now we last came down. We have been under major re-model of the building and shop. Hotrods have been the least of my worry for the last 8 months and this has kicked me in the ass to get going again. See ya'll there.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium
    Hotrodarama

28. elrobo818

elrobo818

JUST GOT MY TICKETS!!!

WOOOO IM EXCITED! sooo wheres everyone hanging out at???? let me know where all the parties are at cuz im ready!!!

29. axle

axle
    from Drag City

HAMB MEET N GREET - SATURDAY AT NOON - IN FRONT OF THE STAGE !

"Deep down Louisiana close to New Orleans
    Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
    There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
    Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
    Who never ever learned to read or write so well
    But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell

Go go
    Go Johnny go
    Go
    Go Johnny go
    Go
    Go Johnny go
    Go
    Go Johnny go
    Go
    Johnny B. Goode"

30. Kerry67

Kerry67

I'll be there to check in at the Meet & Greet. I missed last years due to the wife taking forever to get ready to head out. Staying at the Orleans this year so if she is late again, she can come find me when she is done.