Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine Shop Recommendation - North Atlanta

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Invisible Kid, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Invisible Kid

Invisible Kid

I'm looking for a good engine shop around the Cumming, GA area or preferably somewhere north of Atlanta. I'd rather not open the yellow pages, close my eyes and guess on which to choose.

I have a '56 Chevy 235 and need to have the block/head gone over, cleaned, inspected, fluxed, scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, etc ,etc ,etc....Can anyone recommend a engine/machine shop that is good & knowledgeable with 50yr Chevy old iron?

Thanks all - Mike

2. todd1955

todd1955
    from sweet home

i can 1000% suggest that you give Huntsville Engine a call 1.888.534.4372 the most professional machine shop ive ever delt with

3. 47Hudson

47Hudson

Give Brad Howard a call 770-535-0807. His shop is in Gainesville so its not far away. He is a local racer and has done work for me before. I have seen everything from high end race engines to even a Hudson straight 8 at his place.

4. Invisible Kid

Invisible Kid

Thanks 47Hudson for the tip, I will give him a call since he's around 30min away.
    Huntsville is a bit too far for me, but thanks for the lead Todd.