Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 Ford 5 Window Coupe Options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frozen_bohemian, Mar 2, 2010.

1. frozen_bohemian

frozen_bohemian
    from Minnesota

Started shopping for a 32 5 window coupe fiberglass body but I have no idea who sells a good one. I like the Australian bodies and have heard good things about them but the are expensive.
    Who makes a good affordable body?
    Which ones should I avoid?

I want to build a chopped 5 window coupe hiboy.

2. C+W Components here in Brisbane make very good glass bodies. Not into glass, so i'm not sure on who the companies to stay away from would be though.

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Russ Nomore street rods looks like a pretty good body. I think they even have a channeled version.....

4. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Down's offers a nice 5w coupe body. We sell Down's bodies and components if your interested, feel free to contact me and I can get you the info. We are in southwest Michigan, not too terribly far, a relay or shipping can be arranged.

Heres a few pics...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010

5. thequietwon

thequietwon

Although I think the quality of their bodies is ok, I would stay away from Bebops if you are looking for a 5 window. Their hinges are in the wrong location (similiar to a roadster)...
    Sam

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

IMO the most authentic and a darn good quality body is made by New Age Motorsports. Looks like steel with its real drip rails, cowl vent and windshield frame. Available stock or chopped. A little more money but worth it.

7. AG F/C

AG F/C

8. Yeah, what krylon32 said. I have a New Age Motorsports body and it is very accurate. That being said, they ALL will take a fair amount of fitting, sanding, massaging, ect. to get the right fit and look. Still, for the money glass can't be beat.

9. dakotajayne

dakotajayne
    from 3c1

Ive seen two in gelcoat, the new age, which was excellent and the gibbon,which was not. With good prep, you wont tell a new age from henrys.have fun!