Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Orlando FL, anything I should see while I'm there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Mar 1, 2010.

1. I'm going to Orlando next week on business; I'll have most of the day Monday, and free after 5PM Tues-Thu. Any cool shops I need to check out? Any Florida H.A.M.B.er's want to buy the famous Richard D a beer?

2. Parts Man

Parts Man

I hear Disney World is swell!!!!!!

3. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

if you can make it over to ocala for big daddy's museum its well worth it!!!! about a little over a hour away

4. Stick for a couple more days... there is a great cruise in at a place called Old Town. It's very close to Orlando off I-4 about two mile south on hwy 192. (do a web search on Old Town Florida). Newer cars on Fri - older stuff on Sat nite.. opens at 1pm - closes around 11pm - up to 500 - 800 cars. Tourist shops and eateries/bars all around.

Also - you are about 1 hour or less up the tollroad to Don Garlits Museum off I-75 at Ocala. That is one great museum if you like drag racing...

If you are coming March 7th - temps are going to be cool.. mid 60s...

If I didn't live about two hours away I'd buy you that beer

5. JimKosinski

JimKosinski

Man if It was the week of the 22nd I would have bought you that beer, that's when I'll be there.

6. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Don Garlits Museum

7. chevyshack

chevyshack

Theres alot to do in Orlando. Not sure about car stuff though. Check out gator land, Universal studios, bunches of themed restuarants. Typical tourest type stuff. Don garlits is alright if your into old school drag racing memorabilia.

8. coupemerc

coupemerc

There's a dragstrip called Orlando Speed World. I think the name of the town is Christmas. They run a Wednesday night program. There may also be a few cars there testing for the upcoming gatornationals.

9. L.A.-Bar

L.A.-Bar
    from Lforida

Cruise Orange Blossom Trail.............

10. I did Disney World and Universal Studios before(although they have likely changed in 25+ years!). I'm rolling solo, so I'll probably just check out Gartlit's outfit Monday afternoon. I wish I could hang through the weekend, but my new job is footing the bill, and as I have been only marginally employed for the past year, all my extra money is going to past due bills(and getting ready for Roundup; shh don't tell the creditors).

11. Ramblur

Ramblur

12. Xea

Xea

Garlits Museum. One hour north of Orlando but well worth the drive.