Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need pix of good Yellow Gold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kooter, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Kooter

Kooter
    from Burbank

Im trying to find some reference pictures of a nice bright yellow gold color that i can show SAVAGE for reference. He's agreed to mix up some custom color for the Heart of Gold powerplant im putting in my 1950 Ply business coupe. Im trying to get something whiter and yellower than the standard rattle can gold that you can get at Pep Boys. Pictures of any application, on car bodies or on engines would be great.
    thanks
    kooter

2. Check w/ your buddies and see if anyone has a House of Kolors chip book. Don't even bother trying to use the online chips. Worthless.

3. whizzerick

whizzerick

I agree with Tony, the computer screen will not give you true colors. I love the Toyota Millenium Gold. It's a nice, bright, rich color. And much cheaper than H.O.K... This pic doesnt do it justice:

4. Kooter

Kooter
    from Burbank

thanks for the replys guys -
    Tony, not to fly in the face of your advice, but I cant find any online chips for House of Kolor anyway. Id like to see some just to get an idea, albiet a worthless one, about the range of golds that they offer. Ill check with the boys in the meantime to see whos got what.
    thanks again
    Kooter

5. Phelmenaide, Custom mixed while drunk.

Yes it is my car. If you want I can give you the secret recipe. [​IMG]

Geno

Attached Files:

6. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

hey man
    this is my truck. its painted hosue of color solar gold witha flat clear coat. its not a kandy either, a simple basecoat.i think it cost me $100 a gallon or $25 a quart.

Attached Files:

7. chrisman

chrisman

I'm with Whizzerick on this, that Toyota color is really sweet, check it in real life.

8. [ QUOTE ]
    I agree with Tony, the computer screen will not give you true colors. I love the Toyota Millenium Gold. It's a nice, bright, rich color. And much cheaper than H.O.K... This pic doesnt do it justice:

[/ QUOTE ]

When we went to Ireland, we rented a Toyota Yaris (Echo Hatcback?) that was that color, it's really nice, bright and has a pretty coarse metallic.

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Do we have that Toyota in the states, I do not recognize it or remember seeing the color..

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Gold is the new Flat Black...Haahha...

Call me.

evel

11. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

The 2002 P T dream cruiuser from a couple years back had a color similar to the toyota. I think it was a three stage color though. It also is quite a unique color. [​IMG]

12. DrJ

DrJ

What you want is 18k "watch band" gold.
    I think.
    It's 25% silver so it's "whiter" than 24k.
    Gold leaf is 24k as is gold plate, like the old Breck hair spray cans, and much yellower.
    Take a watch band to a paint store that has one of those color matchers and see if that works for you? [​IMG]

13. Kooter

Kooter
    from Burbank

Yeah DrJ -
    I think you nailed it! Now i know what to ask for from Santa! (I guess i'll know what time it is as a bonus.) I like the colors that everyone has posted already, but its still aproaching a little too much on the copper or bronze side for me. Again, i guess you cant really judge a color correctly by pix from the web.
    thanks again for all the pix and suggestions
    Kooter

14. Kooter

Kooter
    from Burbank

Ahhh...
    Maybe im full of shit. Now that i look back on the post i think HeavyChevy might just have a gold thats getting pretty close to what im looking for.
    Just a little less brown though.
    picky picky
    Kooter

15. [ QUOTE ]
    thanks for the replys guys -
    Tony, not to fly in the face of your advice, but I cant find any online chips for House of Kolor anyway. Id like to see some just to get an idea, albiet a worthless one, about the range of golds that they offer. Ill check with the boys in the meantime to see whos got what.
    thanks again
    Kooter

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, sure...I just roll up in this bitch, give some advice, and get shot down [​IMG] I see how you honkies operate.

Here you go.

http://www.hokpaint.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=showchip8.bbx
    http://www.hokpaint.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=showchip11.bbx

Now put on a sparkly glove, grab your junk, and say whoo! Michael Jackson will be proud.