Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Chevy 5 Window Coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slickster51_50, Jun 4, 2009.

1. I'm still waiting for the video haha, I never thought of the fan, that would make it all to real :D. Hope you boys are doing well and hopefully we've seen the last of the white stuff for this year. Time to get back in the shop and make some serious progress, PoPo and Slickster, I sent you my # so give me a call so we can catch up, would love to hear from ya'll.
    Now, get out there and get-r-done.

2. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Now thats funny uphill situations!The cars lookin good can't wait to see her in her new color.

3. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Alright fellas it was a decent day today weather and temperature wise so i finally got to roll the car out of the garage to get some pictures of her!So let me know what you think she's still a work in progress and progress is slow but if all goes well she will be headed to Itasca,Il up to King Kustom's Bobby Middleton's shop to have the floor and structure built and the firewall recessed to clear the engine.So here are some of the shots we got today with the help of Fletcher62.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  4. Hotrod1932

Hotrod1932
    from Oregon

Looking good...

5. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah dude, that's the ticket! The engine looks so good tucked into that firewall and the six carbs is just icing on the cake!! Love the stance and wheelbase is giving it a total mid 60's drag coupe or altered vibe! Keep it up man!!!

7. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Thank you sir i am extremely happy with the way it looks now!Its a big improvement from when we first started!It was way too long. I'm still sticking wit the unchopped look and all channel.I have actually fallen in love with my car again!

8. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Is there anyone who could photoshop my car and havi it painted a heavy flake blue with a set of Radir 10x15 WWW Cheaters with my supremes and a deuce grill shell so i can see how she will look when she's done?

9. PoPo

PoPo

looks like one hell of a rat rod.... OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH Dayum.

Just kidding buddy, and Grits finally sent me his number so I sent him the pick from us riding up to Hopperstads.. Hope that can fulfill him till we get our Miami Vice video of us sitting in your ride with the fan blowing like we're doing mach 6..

Can't wait for spring and the short drive to Kewanee to hang out.

10. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Looking good,it's always good to roll them outside to get a look. The supremes will look killer with the cheaters.

11. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I was gonna say the samething about it just to fire everyone up but i don't need that much excitement! Grits also sent me his number and told me to call him sometime.I definitely can't wait till it warms up i'm sick of all the cold!I wanna try to get this thing rollin under its own power by the end of the year but we will see what happens between now and then! Lppks like i could possibly be layedoff from my job because the budget for the city isn't looking good!

12. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Bravo Man! Chevy hot rods are becoming more and more popular! I've owned mine since '95 when early Chevy coupes were so rare, you can whisper it... I'm dropping the mighty 392 blown hemi in mine for a close-to-period-perfect early '60's GASSER look! My project halted since I ran out of dough... But will continue shortly in the near future after I re-coupe from the money I have tied up in my candy orange metalflaked hemi!

Attached Files:

13. Woodchisel

Woodchisel

Slickster,

locking great.

I have to get myself a 32 chevy coupe, eventually, the 32 body lines are just great.
    I know in a ford it's heaven, but I will be seen in a chev'en.

Cheers,

14. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Now thats an awesome lookin 31 I wanna see that hemi in it.With all that power it would be hard to keep my foot outta the loud pedal!

15. Woodchisel

Woodchisel

Hi,

Been a long haul, but here it is. Engineer passed it a few days ago.
    Waiting for the report and then it's off to the registration desk.
    After rego the bonnet and mud guards will come off for painting followed by heat and noise treatment.

Cheers.

[​IMG] DSCF0238.JPG

16. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Woodchisel, the car looks great all together she's gonna be a head turner!

17. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Ghost
    So what is the seat in the pictures that you posted some time back? Im putting a stick in my car and I'm having trouble finding seats for it. Im not sure is a bench seat will work.

Carl

18. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Any updates????????

19. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Any updates????????

20. C5rider

C5rider
    from FLA

I LOVE reading these early Chevy posts. They get me geared up to keep me on my project!

The cars are looking great and, I'm always impressed with the level of craftsmanship that is exhibited here on the HAMB. My son has been after me to get back out on the 32 again. We just cleaned all the clutter from around it and are planning on spending some quality time out there. Should be a fun time! And, with the weather starting to cool a little, we might possibly be able to get something done out there without donating blood to the state bird-mosquitoes!

Attached Files:

21. Very nice, that's going to be a fun ride

22. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Update please this chevy stuff is hard to find !