Register now to get rid of these ads!

'39 Deluxe/'40 Ford Similarities & Differences (technical)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phartman, Jan 20, 2010.

1. duste01

duste01

Attached Files:

2. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

is it possible to fit a 39 deluxe grill in a 40 ford? They look soooo much better would like to use one

3. mj40's

mj40's

When I bought my 40 pickup it had a car fender on the driver’s side and a pickup on the passenger. Both fit the grill and hood well. The noticeable difference was where it bolted to the cowl and running boards. It had a noticeable gap down the cowl area and no bolts into the cowl. That flange on pickups is flat as compared to cars that have holes and the flange flares out a bit. Which is another way to tell if you have pickup fenders. They bolt to the running boards and a small bracket at the top of the fender/hood line. I got the correct fender with the buy and changed it out later

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

What are the details on these are far as the chassis, wheel/tire and drivetrain?

5. The '39 on the left is now Ryan's. He just wrote a piece on it.

6. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

`39 deluxe grill = $$$$$!

7. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I want to say that another small difference between 1939s and 1940s is that 1940 door strikers are spring loaded with the mounting bolts being on a vertical line in the strikers, and 1939 strikers being bolted in place on a horizontal line and not spring loaded.

Pretty much a meaningless difference, but since I did not see it posed here... :D the same latch assembly seems to be used on each.

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Iv had early and late 40 coupe doors side by side and the late door had a small indentation were the trim on the glass at the windwing would go up and down with the door glass.
    The early door didn’t, leading me to believe early 40 doors are very close or the same as 39.

9. OHEKK

OHEKK

Here's my '39 coupe:

It is For Sale if anybody is interested

Attached Files: