Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage February PA HAMB and Scrapple

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Feb 12, 2010.

1. olskool37

olskool37

ok, so it just started to snow..again! Im not sure if Im up to the trip... I know the '37 is, but Im not sure my nerves are. But ya know what... Im gonna atleast try. If anything some post some pics, for those who couldnt make it...

2. skidsteer

skidsteer

Digging out of 2+ feet of snow, that's why they call it Mountain Top. Hope you guys are having a good time.

3. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I got stuck at my garage all morning helping a friend load his car up..what should have been a 15min project at 9:00am turned into a 1 and a half hour ordeal..waiting for the tow truck and loading up. By the time I got gassed up it was almost 11am..figured by the time I made it up to the museum I would have missed everyone. So dissapointed that I couldn't make it, was looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up. Mazdaslam...I have some clips for ya. PM me your address and I'll put some in the mail for you.

Hopefully someone took some pictures. I was going to be crazy and take the roadster this morning. Here's a pic of it warming up...waiting for the damn tow truck to arrive. Nuts.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  4. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Yeah, sorry I didn't make it, I got real sick on friday, picked up a damn cold. Hope someone tooks pictures!

5. Jerry,
    Well there's always next month...... You had said rain or shine for the get-together in your first post. I had to be the wiseguy and say "what about snow", 'hope that wasn't the jinx.
    I'll get out that way tomorrow to check out the flea market at Leesport.

Dave
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '39 Plymouth Business Coupe - hopped up '55 Dodge flat six power
    '46 Plymouth Business Coupe - hopped up '59 Dodge flat six power

6. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

A bunch of us Aces and Eights guys will be there tomorrow as well up at Leesport...we're meeting up by the car corral at 9:00. Stop by and say hello

7. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Jerry, if some guys that couldn't make it today would like to try next month you could try it again. I'm always open for breakfest, oboy scrapple. We did have a good turn out, all missed you.

Dick

8. Dick,
    'Sounds good, let's try for a date in March.

Dave
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '39 Plymouth Business Coupe - hopped up '55 Dodge flat six power
    '46 Plymouth Business Coupe - hopped up '59 Dodge flat six power

9. Can one of you PA guys PM me the best place and best brand of Scrapple to order?

10. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

We had a real good turnout today...I'd say maybe 20-25 guys. The diner food was good. The museum was small but interesting. The fellowship was good. Only 2 guys drove their rods, a 56? Chevy pickup and a very cool 37 Pontiac sedan. Sorry Jerry couldn't make it.
    Thanks to all who made it happen.
    Sorry, my pictures won't load.

11. Hey Jer,

We were BSing till at least 3 at the museum, you know you can always ring me or one of the rest of the gang up and we can catch up.

You were missed, we were all wondering when you would get there.

Next month though, and maybe we can actually drive real cars that time.

MRAK

12. olskool37

olskool37

Got pics?!...

I do!!!

Attached Files:

13. olskool37

olskool37

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  14. chickenwire

chickenwire
    from New Jersey

It was a good time and it was good to meet you guys and talk about hot rods for awhile there!

15. sdfs10

sdfs10

We had a good time!!!! Lots of guys!!!!! See you all next time!!!!!

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Jerry - your car looks a lot cleaner in that pic than when I saw you at noontime , lol !! I hope you took pics of THAT mess , lol !!

Thanks for the museum pics , olskool . Sux that I couldn't make it :( .

17. olskool37

olskool37

and heres a video part 1 of 2 of the Kustoms Exhibit
    (sorry for crappy quality.. need a DVR upgade one'a deez days)

<object width="425px" height="360px">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=,mr=104051848,t=1,mt=video"/>
    <embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=,mr=104051848,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"/>
    </object>

and part 2 of 2
    <object width="425px" height="360px">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=,mr=104052716,t=1,mt=video"/>
    <embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=,mr=104052716,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"/>
    </object>

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  18. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Sorry I couldnt make it , got messed up with the snow again.

19. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Those headlights are way COOL!

20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks for the video , olskool . Your "crappy quality" is better than NO quality ! Thanks for taking the time.

21. fleetside66

fleetside66

Olskool, it's good to see you brave the trip from Columbia in the '37. That video was good..I could hear my big mouth in the background. I see ya got a shot in front of the old brewery down the street. That used to be my old neighborhood. There were a few breweries in Allentown back in the day & one of them was Horlachers (pronounced "whore-lockers") & the old joke was "Where do the hookers keep their clothes in Allentown?"

22. olskool37

olskool37

Yeah, it was a bit rocky starting out, but by the time I hit Reading the sun was starting to break through a bit. Good talking to a few of you, though I apololgize for being a bit of a loner (< read that shy) and not introducing myself to all.

As far as the brewery, I was just trying to find my way out of the city and came across it, and thought what a cool backdrop that would be for an 'old timey' photo. Thanks for sharing the story... shame whats happened to a once stately structure. It would make for an interesting apartment renovation or something similar to the VF outlets. Ive always had a facination with the architecture from the early 1900's Allentown, and Reading have quite a bit of that 'Art Deco meets Industrial' type buildings. kool stuff!

23. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

olskool, I think your 37 is great.I'm glad you didn't listen to those that nix 4drs. Its in the attitude that makes a ride great.

24. plmczy

plmczy

I have a porcelin sign from Horlachers Beer hanging in my garage. Man was that sob heavy trying to hang it by myself. later shawn

25. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Hey everybody - great to shake the snow off our boots and get to together again.
    I think we were all going stir-crazy this winter. Looking forward to the next meet-up.
    Maybe will see you at Hamburg next weekend.