Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage It's time to "THAW"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Feb 1, 2010.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker

x2 :)...

2. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

First of all, I want to thank EVERYONE that made it out today. Today could not have been a better day. I think our buddy Casey set that one up for us up there in hot rod heaven.

Second, I had so much fucking fun today ! I am EXHAUSTED, but DAMN it was a great day !!

My cheeks were hurting from smiling and laughing so much !! Every time I made a pass my wife and buddy's wife were cheering like I won the Super Bowl and running around like crazy people !

I made a total of 9 passes with the new motor, and got a new best E.T and MPH ! Not to mention winning the C/HR class and Top Eliminator ! I lost the last race of the day by .0085 because I had changed my dial-in at the last minute, and when I got to the big end I jammed on the brakes but didn't jam hard enough !! Doh !

Still, all in all, I could not have asked for a better day, better weather, or better people to spend it with.

So again, THANKS A TON to EVERYONE that came to hang out with us and burn some gas and tires !!

-Aaron

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

I all can say i WOW !!! Aaron.That 55 Mordoor ran great with the new motor .I guessed pretty close before the race when i said "the 55 is gunna surprise alot of people".That thing is right on my heels now ,and was sticking awesome 60 foots all day on top of that ,like 1.57' and 1.58.I couldnt get better than a 1.60 with my car.Congrats on it working out guys :).Now post that vid of it yanking the wheels .I saw it from the finish line ,but would like to see a close up ...

4. Big Tony

Big Tony

Daniel, that ol mopar is still turning heads and getting attentions. Thanks to all whocame out to support this event... we are truly blessed to have such a great group of friend and supportors. Seems like only yesterday that a stranger then "Yo Baby" gave us the great framed HAMB arwork to give out at the first event and now we have so many helping and sharing in this great event.

Special thanks again to Roberto 31 MOFO and Dennis Senior fried for helping with dinner and burn barrels last night. the food was most excellente and the barrels were works of art. Tim Junior Stock and Ron Lugnutt II for getting broken parts of for the trophy for Collin... nobody stepped up to earn the trophy this year so we will keep it until someone does earn it... and I mean earn this puppy.

See ya in temple on April 17th and Yellow Belly on May 14 for the Nostalgia Nats hosted by the Dirty's... gonna be a good time

5. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Thanks guys for a great day. I had a blast got to see some old friends make some new ones and remember a lost one.

Attached Files:

6. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Broke a axle today launched hard pulled to left and my day was done! Still had a blast Thaw in the morning Decatur in the afternoon.

Attached Files:

7. cjdawg

cjdawg
    from denton tx

All I can say is wow! What an excellent day for racing. Had a blast! Thanks Torques for putting on such a fine event.

8. scrape

scrape

i had a great time.... thanks.....
    and,, next year,, please oh please,,,, have this event on any weekend but,,, decatur weekend!!!!

9. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

thanks to the torques and everyone had an awesome time, good weather, good people, good time and a good 60 ft didn't even have to get the pecan hulls out!! thanks!

10. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

i needed some pushrods today where ya'll?

11. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

All of us from Texas Thunder had a blast. Congrats to the Torques for a fine event. The weather could have not been better and the racing was teriffic.

We were again doing our "spring" test and the Thaw is the perfect place. The only bad thing that I can say about it was my sorry ass letting Jim Conway in his Black 55 get by me TWICE............There is a $20 taped to the fridge at the shop...It now belongs to Jim..........and I will NEVER hear the end of it.................

Mark

12. NuzzyFipples

NuzzyFipples

Man O Man... What an fantastic time!!! Thanks Torques (Big Ken, I bet you slept good last night)!! Tam and I had the greatest time.

It was really great to meet all of you guys face to face. I agree with HARD LUCK, my face was sore from laughing and smiling and the weather was unbelievable. I think I even got a little sun burn.

Yesterday was a hard day to end. Can't wait for the next one.

All of you guys and your cars are are awesome. TOO F**KING COOL!!! :D

13. Man o' man, what a fun day it was, Thanks to all the good folks putting on the best Thaw ever. Got to see a lot of good friend and met some new ones as well. I got a lot of cool videos I'll post up in a bit, having some problems with the camera this morning, I'll see if I can get it to work.
    Chris and Tam, great meeting you and your friend and thanks for sharing your beer, I'll buy the next round. The weather was great and the racing was fantastic. Looking forward to next year, maybe I'll have my POS finished and make a run or two. Thanks again for a great time, I had a blast.

14. rschilp

rschilp

It was great meeting some more hambers.. including Nuzzy, Grits and several others. Great action and great company.

And the best part, my son loved his first drag races, he is all excited now to get back to work on his own hot-rod.

I liked this weather a lot better then last years, please order this for years to come, the little breeze let us all enjoy the nitrous and racing fuel smell with every run and then the sun.. well let's just say that my dome is nice and red today.

15. Haha, I didn't even notice the man o man thing, sorry Nuzzy, guess we just think alike sometimes. Rob, I'm glad Jason had a good time, good seeing ya'll there.

16. NuzzyFipples

NuzzyFipples

17. 32Essex

32Essex
    from Texas

The Texas Thaw was a blast!!! Weather was fantastic!!! Our old beat up 55' more door, rust & pea green chevy ran like hell with the new 355 and didn't break a thing. Excellent driving too from Hard Luck !!!!!!!!Special thanks to all of the Torque's Car Club from The Excel-O-Raiders Racing Team,Est. 1964.

18. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey Big Ken glad you guys had a killer turnout we had a record number also I guess this is another example of why Texas is a great place to live. We need to try and see if we can get our shows on different dates next year all us Hellions would love to come up.

.....on a sadder note I have been on the road alot lately, and didnt hear about the passing of Casey. I met him for the first time at the Deuce Reunion last year, and he was a great guy and treated me like we had been friends forever. He really wanted to be at the Thaw because thats all he could talk about.........well that and the event where he raced the old airplane with his car. Our thoughts go out to him even though they are a little late....R.I.P Casey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Well it was another great Thaw.(really was thawed this time.LOL)
    It was great to see everyone. Had fun tinkering and watching them cars go.
    Thanx to the Torques and everyone who participates and helps make this deal happen.
    Tim

20. sun down

sun down
    from tx

had a great time, thanks for putting on a good show, it was nice to see the guys again, I enjoyed the caravan with lone star mopar (Rick) and his group, it was a fun day
    for the old man... thanks for allowing me to be part of it...
    but boy the drive back on 635 was tough, I never shifted the little 52 four speed so many times in a 10 mile stretch in my life.. traffic was bumper to bumper and I never saw a wreck..lol

21. ......your 55 on that design looks awsome Dennis.....congrats brother.....nice to hear the Chevy ran well.

22. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

:d :d :d Shocking,just,,,SHOCKING!!

Attached Files:

23. femadman

femadman

Great time as usual,we had a blast...to my buds in Houston,and Ft Worth that didn't come,Ya'll missed on hell of a time........Good time had by all.

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

25. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

Thanks to the Torques for yet another great weekend and everything they do to make the THAW what it is. Already looking forward to next year. Also - thanks to our friend Tim (YoBaby) for his help and his endless knowledge of motors. Good to see everyone. Heres some video of the weekends fun.

Marc

26. rebelrat

rebelrat

good weather, good racing, good friends, see, praying to the speed gods work,s

27. ls1wagon

ls1wagon
    from dallas

Man I love your car! that thing is sick.

28. The Shocker

The Shocker

Damn im fucking ugly .My good luck race shirt always seems to draw attention.Its getting faded ,but i wont race without it.The one time i didnt wear it i broke my car :)...

29. bigken

bigken

Damn Larry - I didn't even get to say HI to ya, damn sorry about the axle. At least it wasn't due to bein' cold out.

30. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I will take a broken axle over a blown motor any day. I was looking forward to a personal best the track was sticky and the air was crisp great racing weather. It was fun!