Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Well i only said I'd get hers before I spent any more money on my two cars (Right before buying the shoebox I spent quite a bit on parts for my 62 Continental)

2. Tramp

Tramp

The wife is totally into my old ride!
    So much that she doesn’t even know I own one. : - )

3. You sound beyond lucky, you are blessed, does she have any like-minded sisters or female cousins or friends that'd enjoy N.Y. ? Peace,,,Moosie :)

4. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

My wife loves hot rods....she likes the room in the 56 chevy compared to sitting in the 31 ford thats for sure!

5. youngrodder1929

youngrodder1929

no girl friends and no wife but if the next isnt in to it she can be replaced lol!!!:eek::D

6. solid

solid

thats a damn shame...your gonna have to get that girl some proper work shirts...;)

7. Mac_55

Mac_55

My Wife Loves looking at the old hotrods , and loves watching me transform some ole hunk of rusted iron into something cool . She gets interested in what im doing and asks questions on how im doing it and where I learned it . Same thing with the big 4wd's ive built . But it never fails , as soon as i get her in one of them and crack thr throttle one time she is DONE riding in it . She likes the little slow rides down main street or through a mud pit , but if i pass 4000 rpms , she is screaming obcenities and reaching for anything she can dig her nails into lol.

The only time she never got scared in one was actually a FRICKEN AWSOME expieriance.

I was at a show with my 68 short bed chevy that had a 355 with a huffer on it . Ran good. Her and one of her cousins were at one of thier other cousins wedding receptions just down the road, I got a call , they had both drank and wanted me to come be the designated driver. Well i thought id have some fun , so there i am with my blonde headed wife and her good lookin red headed cousin in the front seat drivin down main street. At a stoplight i stahl it up a little a smoke them through the intersection . Her cousin says " this truck makes me feel sexy" Then the wife follows suit . Next thing i know , i look over and they are both giggling , TOPLESS in the truck laughing , The red head is hanging out the window going down mainstreet LMAO , and the wife is climbing on me . Man what a ride.

8. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

My vvife loves customs...... Hell, she supports it!!!:)

9. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Thankfully my chick is into cars and is usually at shows with me...She does think its funny how obsessed with cars i am though lol

10. T42

T42

Not only does my girl friend LOVE the car events......
    [​IMG]

But she even helps me load up my future projects!!!!! She's the best!
    [​IMG]

11. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

what a cool lady , my last g/f hated tools and cars and called all my stuff junk ,

12. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Mine is as bad as me, She wants her car to make it to the Rock and Race this year.... So, if you see a beaten man at the track, I didn't get it ready

13. STILL OLD

STILL OLD
    from tennessee

A girl I work with, asked if My girlfriend liked all this hot rod stuff. I said ,no,I like all this hot rod stuff, and she likes Me

14. golden31

golden31
    from Omaha, NE

My wife and me started out touring around on Harleys , She put up with that for years and when I started getting into cars, Man she was excited! She can wear shorts on rides and bring tons of shit with her now! lol. Many of nights she has been in the garage helping or sewing an interior panel. And she will still take a longer than average ride on the ol Harley to this day

15. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

same here but shes starting to get into it

16. Jan enjoys my activities racing and road trips

Attached Files:

17. A Rodder

A Rodder

Here we are next to "her" sedan, this was saturday on a 250 mile trip to the coast and back.

Attached Files:

18. Wicked50

Wicked50

My girlfriend doesnt care she'd rather go shopping but as long as I'm happy

19. Wife could easily live without any old iron on our property, but she tolerates this quite well I quess.

20. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

My wife will teel you that it's the people you meet that make or break the "scene" no matter what it is. We've been very fortunate through 45 plus years of stock/modified hydroplanes/runabouts. gokarts, sporty car racing and now hot rods and customs to associate with fine groups of people.

21. Stevie D

Stevie D

yep my wife is in to it plus she has her own car too.

22. ecna

ecna

She did until we got married!

23. My Wife Loves it but she allways has some ID about what I should do about Paint and INTER, the cool thing is that she wants a old car some day

24. daddio211

daddio211

That's not a bad thing my friend! Often women have a better grasp on what "works" aesthetically than we do. Listen to her carefully, she may give you some GREAT ideas and will love to brag about what SHE contributed!

25. olds vroom

olds vroom

she always liked cars and when i finaly got my hot rod and started going to swap meets looking for parts she started getting more interested , to the point of looking for a project for her and wound up buying a 72 chevelle for her last fall.whitch kinda put a slow down on mine but shes happy hers will hit the road in april, mine...we'll see.

26. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Wife hates it.................. guess thats life :(

27. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

f04b_1.jpg The Wife's weekend ride
    71 Comet GT, 347, 4 Speed It isn't HAMB material, but she wouldn't part with it for all the money in the world. (I would)

TR0872.jpg Her Daily Driver
    It ain't pretty, But she get great mileage :D:D

28. custom53

custom53

my wife likes it alot. she enjoys swap meets and long drives in my ford. she even let me put car stuff in my babys room.

29. Esso

Esso

My girlfriend loves the hotrod scene so much that she arranged her own Hotrod & Custom parking with 2 rockabilly bands
    Esso

30. I met my girlfriend at the NHRA Museum. We both work there part time.
    She refuses to work on the roadster with me though, I'm a bit of a prick when things don't go right. I'm sure none of you have that problem.