Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oh No! Not Another Whats It Worth Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Yes, unforentally I'm going to start another W.I.W thread. Please no smart ass comments like $5, lets be serious..

had a guy offer me a straight up trade for my bagged '68 Cadillac DeVille...he has a '53 Chevy 4 door (cop car) with a Mustang II and 350/350..I'm not a fan of 4 doors but I'm just wondering if this car may be easier to sell than my Caddy?

I'm asking $9,000 for my Caddy by the way...would this '53 bring that or more? would it be hard to sell it considering its a "cop car" and a 4 door?

I'm in Michigan by the way

Attached Files:

2. kraka138

kraka138

i personally like the caddy better, i dont see the chevy being an easier sell than the caddy

3. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

4. Nope, I wouldn't.

Much bigger market for a 2 door anything.

5. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

cadillac all the way

6. agreed

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

No way that trade is in your favor.

Frank

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if you are looking for a car to trade in order to sell I'd look for a more mainstream build than the cop car theme on the 53.

personally I don't think either one is worth $9,000.00.

9. thanks guys, didnt think it was a good trade..I love the '53/'54 chevys but 4 doors dont do it for me and the cop car theme is kinda cool but I dont see it having a big market

10. what would you say my caddys worth then?

11. 5window

5window

Honestly, I am not sure of the true value of either. However, I think the "53" really has a very limited market-how many people really want a "cop" car? It's kind of in the cutesy theme class to me. I think you'd have a better trade if it were even a stock appearing car with the 350/350 combo.

But, that's just my two cents. I'd keep, or try to sell, the Caddy.

12. yeah good points, appreciate your input!

I love my caddy but I'm ready to move on to a new build or atleast finish my '31

13. 5window

5window

The NADA Guide lists only a '68 El Dorado and the retail range is $6700 to 14500. So, maybe 9K isn't out of line,but you'll need to consider your region and the market. Maybe try to sell it Nationally in Hemming's?

14. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I thought you sold that Model A coupe body?...

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

can't compare an ElDorado to a Coupe DeVille price wise.

16. I did, basically what I did was sell my '30 and ship it to St.Lous,MO and then bought a '31 in Detroit for the same price in better condition so kinda just traded up

17. olds vroom

olds vroom

If someome trys to make you a (deal) then its usually in their favor Isay no deal keep the caddy.

18. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Who did you get it from?...post some pics..

19. guys name was Andy, cant remember his last name he was from Westland,MI

doesnt look like much, but the doors actually close and open unlike my last one which had sedan doors on it not coupe doors, this one still has glass in the doors..I already had a gas tank and trunk lid for it and then I bought all lower patchs and inner fenders for it...just waiting to get it media blasted then I'll finish up the chop and put the panels in

[​IMG]

20. dizzyearth

dizzyearth
    from Elkmont Al

Keep the Caddy!

21. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

You'd really, really, REALLY have to want a '53 Chev 4 door if you do that trade. Your Caddy is a pretty cool car, the Chev is nothing special aside from the bubble gum on the roof and the siren.