Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has your car ever been in your dreams ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mac_55, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Mac_55

Mac_55

Had to share this. So i cant sleep last night and im flipping through Channels and come across overhaulin , watch it for about 30 minutes and head for bed.

Well i remember this dream thismorning clear as a bell , must have had it right before i woke up.

Im sitting in the staging lanes at some drag strip talking to friends away from my car. When someone hollers LOOK> I see Chip and the gang jack the front end of my car up , hack out the frame section with the straight axle and start mounting up some camaro sub or something . Im instantly pissed but its one of those dreams kinda where you cant move. Anyways i remember the car getting towed off by them to the end of the track , then someone says " your on over haulin" then my car shows back up slammed int he dirt with huge chrome rims and i remember being so pissed in my dream and couldnt do anything . Then i woke up.THANK GOD!!

Anybody else ever have goofy dreams involving your cars ?

2. 1930roadster

1930roadster

avoid cheese and heavy dairy products at night to avoid nightmares

3. LongT

LongT

I had a recurring dream. I found the '39 Ford Coupe I sold when I was in the Navy. It was always in the barn where my girl friend, now my wife, lived. That is where I used to keep and work on it. Wish that had come true!!!!!

Bill

4. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

ive had dreams involving both my cars and cars that i want

5. daddylama

daddylama

i'm beginning to think it's a problem: i dream more about my cars/motorcycles, then about women.

6. dmw56

dmw56

Are you kidding. You ask this on a certified car nut forum. I dream about my car and other cars more than I dream about my wife. Did I just say that? Hope she doesn't find out!

7. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I dreamed I turned my 66 Chrysler 4 dr. into a gasser.

Mikus Maximus likes this.
  8. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

I have had constant dreams of my old O/T 1977 Plymouth Volare with the Roadrunner package.... Just the other night i had a crazy nightmare that someone had bashed in the roof of my wagon. Talk about a nightmare. I can't help the fact that I get too attached to my cars.

9. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

Farts don't give me nightmares. :D

Back on topic, just daydreams of what my vehicles could/should look like!

10. ChevyDevil

ChevyDevil

I've always dreamed of my car since before I started driving. Actually I have a bunch of good dreams and some bad of her. The worst one to most people is that I have the recurring dreams of dying while driving her (accident, fire, etc) but to me that sounds like the only way to go--alone in my 55. *shrugs*

11. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

i dream about my bike all the time.

12. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

I only dream about other people's cars, and they won't let me drive them there either.

Damn it.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I've had several dreams about our '57...the strangest of which was in technicolor...I watched the car get crushed by a semi out on the highway...and yet, later in the same dream, I drove it home...funny how the mind works...

I wrote a disertation on dreams many years ago, and found that many come true in one way or another, not exactly the way one dreamed it...

R-

14. nutajunka

nutajunka

Just don't have the dream that you drank to many beer's and your dreaming your pi$$ing in a stream in the woods...:eek:

15. Mac_55

Mac_55

Man , that one sucks!!!

16. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

I had a dream about being in an intervention, not for booze, drugs, etc but for bagging 50's cars. People were concerned for my health/wealth were crying while others got mad and judgmental becuase I have an adiction to cutting good cars up. It was scary, I opened my shop door and everyone I know was in there.

17. LAROKE

LAROKE

Yeah, I have a recurring "seller's remorse" dream about my '69 Javelin SST. In the dream, it's not sold. I've just lost track of it and I've found it in a dusty warehouse in the same condition it was in in 1971 when I last saw it. I'm always punching the location into a GPS so I can come back and get it when I wake up. For a few seconds until I am really awake, I'm strainin' to remember that address.

[​IMG]

http://www.laroke.com/larryk4674/2003/JAVALIN.JPG

18. Once. My dad was driving my Merc in a circle as fast as it would go. I was in the passengers seat and the was fire belching from under the hood and throught the firewall.

19. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Generally, my car dreams are more like nightmares. I had one where I entered my GTO in a show, and when I came back from wandering through the swap meet, someone had stolen the hood and engine.

20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahahaha! Mac_55...I'd considered starting the same thread, but decided against it. Glad you decided to. I've had a few strange dreams about cars. (Aren't they all?) One is quite memorable to me. Seems I had finally built or somehow aquired an early roadster. But maaaaaan...it was the rustiest clankiest broken-down pos you ever saw! All bent and twisted up. But there I was...driving around in it. Or should I say on it. I was driving while sitting on top of the back of the seat! LOL!

21. I've had dreams about my cars all my life, even when I was a kid I would dream about my Jonny Lightning or Hot Wheels, not always good either. :eek:

22. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

yeah was on a run, it rained & filled with water:rolleyes:..... as I have no roof fitted.....

23. 296ardun

296ardun

Dreamed that I found my old TE-440 in pieces, Ardun missing parts, behind some shed, then searched all night in Kansas looking for nitro to get it running...funny since I never raced in Kansas...similar dream about my '40 Ford 2-door, found it all screwed up in parts................

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sure, but never good. The car always gets wrecked :confused:

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Had this one a few times, Im walking and come up over a rise in a field and there is hillsides covered in a old junkyard (50s and 60s stuff) somehow I know that these cars can be bought for around 100 to 200 dollars each, looking at 55 chevys mainly but looking at others also..................
    Im (like my grandmother use to say) like a blind dog in the smokehouse:D not knowing which one to buy first or how many I can afford to buy:confused:

26. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

All of this made me remember another one---I walked up an old logging road into the woods and found a deserted town with cars still in the driveways. I found a '55 Nomad, couldn't get it running, and tied a rope to the front bumper and walked home, pulling it behind me. When I got home with it, it had shrunk to the size of a go kart. Wonder what Freud would think about that one?

27. Yep! I was in the back seat,just unsnapped her bra,and.....well,you know the rest,hahaha!!!!