Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dayton Ohio area 2010 meet and greet March 27th. Taj Ma Garaj tour added.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chris55, Feb 23, 2010.

1. chris55

chris55

Okay here's the scoop. We have been invited to tour the Taj Ma Garaj before our Meet & Greet. The only thing is, they are booked for an event on March 20th.(the origanal date of the M&G) So we are going to move it to March the 27th. Here is the P.M. they sent me.

If you meet here at 10 AM you could still do lunch at Quaker Steak at noon. Two hours will give even the most ambitious photographer plenty of time to take pictures should they care too.
    Kindly ask everyone to park on the street. There is an adjacent church parking lot that will charge me should anyone park there.
    Depending on weather, entering through door on 90 Eaker St. would probably be best bet. The Taj is comprised of four adjoined buildings at the corner of S. Perry St. and Eaker St. in Dayton. The zip code is 45402 for those doing a mapquest. Or they can click on the directions link at www.tajmagaraj.com

We are still going to do Quaker Stake and Lube, 3725 Presidential Dr. Beavercreek OH. 45324. After our tour. I really hope this change does not keep anyone from coming.

Thanks to all,
    Chris

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  2. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I will make another Quaker Steak run.
    KilKare is more of an event. I would plan more of a swap meet at springfields cars and parts if you didnt want a set down and chat, but I think that still distracts everybody from just bullshitting and chatting.
    I like the no hassle just show up and hang out get some food and talk deal.

3. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Hey Chris... Yes, the service was a little on the slow side but I will give the gal a little slack as she had all of us to deal with. But definatly up for getting out again. Quaker was good like you said-parking and them being cool with us hanging around. Kilkare would also be cool, never been there myself but ??? I guess it all depend on what people want, Sit, eat, and talk or sit, and watch cars run down the track. Not sure if they mind us having a get together in their parking lot and maybe everyone bring a little something--picnic style? I up for anything..

Aaron

4. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

2 thumbs up for Mudslinger--Maybe this time you will get some food???

5. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

haha I said I might have to take a hostage so dont be alarmed.

6. solid

solid

I'd like to go.

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I'd drive over from the Wheeling area if it's early enough.

8. 41 C28

41 C28

Quaker Steak sounds good to me. March 20th at Kil Kare could still be nasty weather.

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I will be interested in attending.

10. saucerhead

saucerhead

11. super-six

super-six

My wife and I would go to Quaker Steak and Lube again.

12. NoFun

NoFun

I'll do it again after this snow melts. Car's buried knee deep and it's snowing more today.

13. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Sounds like we're getting a crowd together!! The weather should start looking better next month, I hope. Wait, I see the sun peeking through!!

14. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

I am up for it,but I kinda like the Kil-Kare thing.Test and tune nite is a blast lots of cars and a good time and is packed

15. OldsRanch

OldsRanch

Never met you folk, but should you see a blue 53 stude with white top show up, I'm the fat guy driving it....

16. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Keep checking on this thread.. I'm sure it will be updated constantly. It would be great to have you wherever we meet and be great to meet ya!!

17. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

If i can get mine put back together by then i'll go, don't know if that will happen though.

18. RETROD

RETROD

Project AV8 has been on hold since I was laid off. A meet and greet sounds like a good way to start the spring season.
    Mark
    Kettering

19. chris55

chris55

Don't worry about what you drive. Driving the rod would be great, but if you can't then drive the daily. This is more about the people than the cars. We will do another one later in the year, when we know the weather will be nicer. This one is mostly to fight cabin fever, so come hang out, meet some great folks, and have a bite to eat.(hopefully)

Now as far as a location,I would have to agree with the folks who said, the weather may still be a little bit on the chilly side for KilKare. So lets plan on Quaker Stake and Lube, 3725 Presidential Dr. Beavercreek OH. 45324. March 20th starting at noon.

20. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

I be there!!!!!

21. paintcan54

paintcan54

How far does the Dayton Ohio area cover? I live in Indy, but have a son who lives in Dayton, does that count? Maybe I could talk the wife into a visit trip to my son's that day.

22. 41 C28

41 C28

close enough.

23. Yeah we'll be there again...if this is your first time to the Dayton area meet and greet, you fight first...wait...nevermind.;)

24. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Well, since I can't do anything in the garage until my arm heals I will come in my Pathfinder :)

25. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

skrtchser,how is the shoebox coming you get the 56 lower 1/4 s on it sweet Idea post some pic. and let me know if you want get rid of it Carl been working on a 36

26. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

I have not done nothing! Surgery, therapy! I hope too have the 48 out this summer. would love to see the 36
    [​IMG]

27. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I'd like to bring the boys down again. It was a good time and good food. I'm NOT hauling an engine for ANYBODY this time, though.

28. DMFB

DMFB

I wish I still lived in D-town, I would be there in a heart beat. Maybe next year, when I move my ass back. That Quaker Steak is about 2 miles from my old house. Man, I just got home sick...and hungry, haha.

29. paintcan54

paintcan54

Well it's not my first time to Dayton, but my first time to the meet and greet. Not much of a fighter always a lover, but if'en you wanta throw down I guess we could, sure would hate to get all worked up before lunch, but I'm thinking it won't take long.:) Just funnin you, this old man is to old for that shit anymore, a few years ago well?;) Looking forward to coming

30. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

Cool, I'll be there,