Register now to get rid of these ads!

A sad day at a killer shop/jason Graham Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotStockPhoto, Feb 22, 2010.

1. seatex

seatex

My heart goes out to you. It could have been worse, your dog, or even worse still................ thank god no one perished.

2. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude soooo sorry man. Wish I was closer to help out.

3. LuckyBrew

LuckyBrew

any help you guys (artist) can contribute would be awesome!

art to send that we can raffle off... portions of your sales... anything! im open for any ideas you guys have that can bring in money for this cat! he built some badass rides and from what ive met and people who know him need to get a big hearted genuine bro back in gear (no pun intended)

thanks again for your help!

4. inkmunky

inkmunky

Cool i'll send an email now.

5. Jesus, that's terrible. I see a LOT of cool stuff ruined in those pictures. It's bad enough this stuff's getting so scarce without shit like that happening. Anyone get hurt?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  6. wedgehead63

wedgehead63
    from Auburn KY

Jason, I am just down the road in Auburn, KY. I work in Bowling Green at a technical school. I met up with you at the July 4 Auburn show when you brought over your '53 Chebby. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to call. I have a part time shop of my own and always fear things like this. :(
    Rex Cundiff
    270-542-7575

7. H3O

H3O

that sux. hopefully the cars aren't too warped to redo.

8. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

saw on the facebook page that they thought it may have been an electrical outlet?

9. LuckyBrew

LuckyBrew

i am the admin for the FB group page... where did you see that? maybe i missed the post.

10. BELLM

BELLM

My heart goes out to you, terrible loss, you build some awesome stuff.
    I just got a little hobby shop but I got a lot of stuff in it, my worst fear is fire, I have a '55 Nomad in the shop that I have been paying insurance on for 2 years now and will probably be another 2 years before it is driven, but I got enough in it that I could live for a year so I couldn't stand the $ loss. Good deal for the insurance company cause it won't be driven for a while, maybe kind of makes up for all the money they paid on my '34 when I hit a deer last fall.

11. if anyone around tulsa ,ne oklahoma wants to send stuff together ill be putting together a box this weekend just let me know thanks travis

12. Yeah, I have a bunch of stuff done up. I just had a gallery show last week, but I still have some left over that didn't sell. I'll dig up a nice bigger piece to help the cause, maybe a couple pieces.

13. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

14. A true nightmare.

15. choptopdoc

choptopdoc
    from tulsa

Ohhhh F***!!!!!! I just threw up on my keyboard! That is horable! I feel for you bro. You should put togeather a list of what is needed to get you back on the trail, and people could claim the gift they are gettin ya. Kinda like a weddin registry. That way you dont end up with 4 air rachets and no compressor. Im all about helpin you out man.

16. BCR

BCR

Don't know what to say. I fear this and to see it happen puts a lump in my throat. Sorry for your loss.

17. c57heaven

c57heaven

Sorry about your heavy loss! Hope you're back on your feet soon!

18. SLCHC-CHIEF

SLCHC-CHIEF
    from S.L.U.T

boy this sucks man you can make it through this bro just a bump in the road good luck!!

19. lowongas

lowongas

Is there a way someone can make a list of what he needs.? Sorry choptopdoc,didnt see all of what you posted.I am in Michigan but I am DAMN sure I can help with something.!! My stomach still is un-easy over this.PLEASE let us all know.

20. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

21. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

damn... thats my biggest fear, I am always so paranoid when i close up shop, this just increases that fear.

Hope he finds a way to make it through, and get back into building.

22. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

23. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Sucks !!!

keep us informed if I can help let me know, Auction I can send product to raffle etc
    Benefit car show should generate cash with a raffle & auction .

Fire = Fear = the best insurance you can afford .

24. Steve

Steve

ouch! That sucks!

25. 1933ROADSTER

1933ROADSTER
    from El Paso

heartbreaking! what happened!

26. Jason I am very sorry for your loss and know what a nightmare it can become. I had a very similar experience in the early 90s at the hands of an arsonist. To this day the smell of a burning structure brings back horrible memories to myself and my family and the loss of equipment owned and collected for decades is devastating. What some people fail to understand is that in some repect these shops are part of the owner not just their livleyhood. Buildings can go up,new tools purchased but the things lost will always be a haunting memory. Kelly

27. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

wow.... I'm not sure what I'd do if one of our shops lit up...

My heart goes out to ya man, it looks like you build some bad ass shit... Keep your head up you'll get through it, may not seem like it now but looking at your builds it can all be done again, and probably even better..

Good luck and best wishes...

28. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Sorry for your loss. Let this be a reality-check for the rest of us.

Not to be a "Monday-morning quarterback," but these type breakers can prevent something like this from happening. They're a bit pricey at around $11.00 each, but worth every penny.

Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCI)

[​IMG] Combination Type AFCIs protect against all three possible types of arc fault, line-to-ground, line-to-neutral arcs, and series arcs and thus significantly reduce the risk of electrical fires.

29. Jason we have never meet but I feel like I know you from Hotrod TV sorry to hear about this please let us know if there is anything we can do... so sorry.....

30. big creep

big creep

afi breakers suck! they cost 35 bucks and up. they work great when they are new, but nosedive when they get older! i hate them. but they do work! they are very very sensitive as they get older! a regular breaker should have worked. make sure you guys unplug all your hand tools before you leave shop. and make sure all your connections are tight. loose wire nuts, and connections cause 90% of electrical fires! ive seen it with my own eyes!
    if you have any questions about pm me.