Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features pics East coast hot rods

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 31modelo, Dec 5, 2008.

1. younggun13

younggun13

love the east coasy cars :cool:

2. fryguy

fryguy

[​IMG]
    This is it right here. Nice little channel, not too extreme, no chop. What a profile!

Ro.Go and kfien5354 like this.
  3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

That's not a sun roof it's a solar panel for the boom box

4. widow maker

widow maker
    from nj

My 29..

Attached Files:

5. Return of the "Ruby Rod".... "Kassa's Coupe" getting a face lift

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  6. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

More Kassa Coupe ..........

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  7. a better shot of the face lift

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  8. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

doing the chrome grill shelll again????????

9. I want to but ,,, gettint the bucks for the chrome job is like gettin blood from a stone.... so looks like we will paint it for now,,,, I fabed up some brackets to support the rad and grill shell tonight hopefully in a week or 2,,,,, I can finish it up...

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  10. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

What are the chances of you doing a thread chronicling the history of the Kassa Coupe? you guys seem to have enough pics you should be able to do a nice job. Maybe pics and captions detailing the changes as they occured?
    Wouldnt be too hard if you did a few pics at a time, don't need to do the whole thing at once.
    Just a thought/request. Always loved the car. Finally got to see it for the first time at Lead East about 1998-1999. Was parked next to the unrestored Catallo coupe. made for some really nice pics.

11. I second this, damn good idea! It's not often you can get the full story on a car, with out all the usual "he said, she said, I heard" crap.-MIKE:cool:

Oh, I forgot,I'm a sucker for the purple version.:eek::D

12. Dave_D

Dave_D
    from NY

My cousins 32, and my t-bucket in the background...

[​IMG]

1blown57 likes this.
  13. 31modelo

31modelo

That 32 is perfect in stance and proportion.

14. Hey Fellas.

i will add some pix from finnish shows ....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  15. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Wow! I remember seeing this at Lead East 2 years ago! :)

16. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I'm just curious for any one who may have some photos of east coast kustoms from back then, or remembers seeing this particular car from Massachusetts in the early 1960s: my father remembers riding in an east coast rod owned by a guy named Rick Riley (this was back in around 1962-1963). This was in Amesbury, MA. It was a 31 Ford roadster, channeled, had a corvette 265, corvette valve covers, 3 deuces and staggered holes on the rocker covers. He believes it had a 39 Ford tranny although he did eventually upgrade it to a chevy since it kept blowing trannies at the time, had 50 Pontiac tail lights, white and blue interior, and the grille bars were painted white. The Ford was a pretty teal-blue, had red opened rims and wide whites. Doesn't remember if it had Stromberg 97s or Rochesters. If this rod sounds familiar or anyone has any pictures of it, or if it still exists today, we'd really appreciate seeing some photos!

17. This picture was taken around 1968-69 in Sturbridge Mass.The blue roadster in the background was owned at that time by Bill Slattery from Salem Mass.He didn't build it so it could have been the car.Don't know what happened to it;he never kept cars very long and I think he has passed on.I can ask a friend of mine about the name or you might try getting in contact with Jere Sheehan.He used to belong to the cam Snappers of Newburyport(next town to Amesbury).I think he still lives there.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  18. That red coupe´s engine look´s really cool !!!

19. unkamort

unkamort

Agreed...very nice all round

20. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

My Connecticut deuce sedan.. 1967-present

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Stogy likes this.
  22. customcory

customcory

I got to say growing up in N.C. , I didn't see a early Ford up on its framerails until the 70's when the street rodding movement was starting up. Everything in our area was channeled.Everytime I found a old hot rod in a junkyard or whatever, didn't matter if it was a Model A or a 39 Chevy, it was channeled.:D

23. Stone

Stone

Thats very interesting Cory. I have wondered about what build style was being used in NC.

24. My earliest car show memories are "East Coast" style cars at the Lock Farm in NY, and the Gloversville Armory (Both sponsored byt the Norsemen car club) Attached is my Uncle Marty's '30 A called Moody Blue. Back then it had a 671 topped 400 Pontiac with a 4 speed! Same car, new owner, and new look.

Seems these cars were built with an understanding of physics and an influence of roundy-round racers and drag cars. They are my favorite!

Attached Files:

25. tappets

tappets
    from london

my take on east coast style,from london england,half way there,will need to change tyres,do wiring and interior, paint,etc www.detonatorscc.piczo.com

Attached Files:

26. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Are you going back to before Barris got his hands on it? Nice

27. Grizzlies13greg

Grizzlies13greg
    from Delaware

I don't know if you stay current on this site, but my grandfather, Bruno Maki, along with his brother, Reino Maki, and their father, Emil Maki built that car. They showed it around the country until Marlon Brando bought it at Madison Square Garden. I am preaching my Grandfathers memorial service at the end on June. Bruno was 94 years old and was featured on the cover of Rod and Custom magazine in 1955. Great car, better man!

28. edweird

edweird

Is mine one?

Attached Files:

29. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Well, you do live on the east coast...

With the sleek nose, long wheel base and thin tires, I would consider it a drylake/saltflat inspired car.

30. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

1929rats already posted this car above but I've got some better shots now that I think will add to this thread.

First this black and white shot taken around 1960. Can anyone ID those hubcaps? They were very popular back in the day I'm told. Would love to get my hands on a set.
    [​IMG]

This is how the car sits today.
    [​IMG]
    I have a thread started here if anyone knows anything or can remember anything about this car, having seen it anywhere or photographed it. A full history has been posted on my blog here if it helps. The car has remained in the PA, OH, NJ area until now and still sports it's original 1957 paint. Rudy and his Dad did a superb job in 1957 and the car still looks good today (in my opinion anyway).

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010