Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Speedway Motors, THANKS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ironpile

ironpile

Ordered from Speedway for the first time reciently.excelent speed and quality.

2. banjorear

banjorear

Tman- C'mon bro, lighten up. You know I'm just kidding.

3. Me too, with a hint of truth

4. These guys are very helpful and know what they are talking about. I ordered a pedal car for my daughter a few weeks ago and it was on my doorstep 48 hours later. When it showed up, one of the wheels was bent (flat spotted as if it were dropped at some point). I called them up and had a new wheel at my house the next day. I have ordered other parts from them in the past and they are very helpful as far as the parts they carry. Great customer service.

5. banjorear

banjorear

So I am the peoples greatest welder? Shit, I've been calling myself that for years.

Not sure if you're a Tom Waits fan or not, but had a funny little story about a theroy of his. He does this talking part in his shows.

His theroy is that if all the Chinese got on a ladder at the same time and all jump off at the same that it would be enough force to throw the Earth off it's axis.

So he warns that everyone in the US needs to ensure we have ladders just in case we need to counteract the force if that day ever comes.

Its a lot of funnier to hear him tell the story... It may be strangly true. There sure are a lot of those bastards running around over there.

6. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

The only thing that bothers me about 'em, is that all their stuff is made in China. Idealogically speaking, I'm against anything that is made in China when it would have put Americans to work were it to have been made here. But, sadly, even that hasn't stopped me from placing orders with them. It has caused me to search elsewhere first and resort to Speedway as a last resort.

7. I will poke jabs at tehm but will also defend the fact that they have a fair amount of Mfg in the US.

8. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Well, I too just recently ordered from them and I don't recall a piece in that box of parts that didn't say "Made In Taiwan" on it.

9. banjorear

banjorear

They are pretty good about telling you where the part is made if you ask. I agree with T-Man, they sell a good deal of US-made stuff.

I'm with you, HRM. Keep it real, keep it in the US, and keep it Republican (whoops, did I slip in a political comment. Shame on me). :)

10. All these posts are probably fairy indicative as to why "Speedy Bill" operates the oldest speed shop in America. I too am very satisfied, kuddos to you Speedy Bill.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....but if in the bush a fair maiden should stand....a push in the bush is worth two in the hand

11. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yep!! That goes double for me.

12. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I know that story!

Glad to see another Tom Waits fan

13. choke

choke

I recently ordered a bunch of parts from Speedway for a tube axle conversion in the shop. I don't know if I inadvertently odered the wrong parts or not. But I received 6 L.H. heim ends when the order arrived. I needed 6 R.H. heims. I brought it to their attention. Within 2 Days a call tag arrived and within 5 days after shipping the old parts back I received the R.H. heim ends. Their customer service is OUTSTANDING!!! I've been buying parts from them now for over 6 years. This is first time I ever had a wrong shippment. And like I said it might have been my fault and they still handled it like it was their's!

14. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

i have bought a lot of parts from them... with 0 problems!

15. chubbie

chubbie

I've had small problems in the past, they take care of you fast! When I bought my 3 deuce set up from them, it had stromberg instructions in a rochester kit. I talked to them for 6 months, JUST COPY THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM ANOTHER KIT, AND SEND IT TO ME! they acted like I was scamming them????? went to Kansas city good guys, the speedway people were pushing the 3 deuce kit. there were a bunch of guys standing there, I let them sell the idea to me and got my hands on the instruction sheet. then I told him of my problem...told him I wasn't leaving with out the papers... It got loud and ugly!!!! He said if I couldn't put kits in a carb It was above me. I read some of the instructions to him.. said that sound like a standard carb kit to you?? next day I had what I had paid for!!

16. Speedy Bill has made his living helping HotRodders and racers. He knows which side his bread is buttered on.

17. storm king

storm king

I think most of the whinners about Speedway here are the guys who think all the manufacturers should make everything in the USA, have union shops so even the janitor gets 100 grand a year, and they want the parts for swap meet prices, or else the company is crap.
    At least that's the impresion I get from these guys, including from the rant I read the other day about going to the NSRA nats at Louisville. They were complaining that allowing later model cars would help the vendors sell more product. Horror of horrors!

18. I have to agree with the majority..good, fast service, and polite knowledgeable phone people. I also will agree that a lot of the stuff comes from China, or Taiwan..but really, who's stuff doesn't these days?..sadly!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

x2

and it's buttered on the backs of others.

20. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I use Speedway and get gret service,fast and know their products.Good catalogs!!

21. 31modelo

31modelo

This is what I see in my head when Speedy Bill is brought up. Weird

Attached Files: