Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sac Autorama Pinstriper Panel Jam on LowSalle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PhatCaddy, Feb 22, 2010.

1. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

So I ended up parked in front of the "Pinstriper Panel Jam" in the Suede Area at the Sacramento Autorama. So Saturday morning I see, most of you know him as, "Mr_Wimone" and told him that was my LaSalle I'm building. He asked if a couple of the stripers could do something on the car. Of course I said do anything you want to do. I left at 11am and came back at 5pm to this.........

:eek::cool::D

Attached Files:

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wow you should find another trunk and hang that one up in your house

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Holy Moly!

I bet the one shot rep loved them after that!

That would normally be over the top for me....BUT that peice on that long assed deck does it just fine for me...

4. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

I gladly made a donation to the Children's Miracle Network and also told them that it will be hanging in my garage one day.

WANTED: 1940 LaSalle trunk...........

It is so unbelieveable. I keep looking at it on the car in the garage.

Brian

5. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

6. inkmunky

inkmunky

Definitely don't leave that on the car!!! Not only is it incredible but so many stripers represented, talk about a one of a kind!

7. johnnykck

johnnykck

Brain, now you can't get a paint job.
    By the way, how did the car handle in the rain on the way home? Did you get any water in the car from the hole where the mastercylinder cover is supposed to be? Next time you bring it in the shop I gotta make a cover for that hole, unless you finally find the original cover.

8. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Damn, that's a awsome piece of work. I also got some stripping done on the trunk of the Edsel by Win. I'll have to get a picture of it and post it. With all those artist contributing, you have a collectors piece there. Congrats.

9. boldventure

boldventure

Wow, two really cool ideas! First the striping is very cool, second keeping it as it is now!
    Hope you can find an new decklid!

10. bear39

bear39

I was standing right there as they striped the trunk it was awsome to watch Bear

11. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

You are one lucky DUDE!...Some real fine ART......

12. I was just thinking that.....I watched Mr Wim last summer at The Strangers show doing some work on Chuckles Plymouth...

Paint? Who needs it?

13. tommy v

tommy v

thats cool,can you fix your lic's plate

14. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

lucky Bastard.....very cool...but you deserve that....

15. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Lucky you....That trunk lid needs to be hung up.

16. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Yea, my rear "LOW SALLE" plate had a rough weekend. On the way to Sac it poped out of the bracket and bent back all the way. Then I think it was in the way of the PINSTRIP GANGBANG, (as I like to call it) and got bent up again. Still worth it.

Brian

17. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Car ran great thanks to your skills (Johnny @ Kool Cat Kustoms)and my wallet(great team-haha). The hole I call my "ride height indicator", by the way. Very happy customer.

Brian

18. MR_WIM

MR_WIM

hey buddy!!! man thank you for letting us get down on your car. it was so funny because as soon as i walked into the room my eyes went to your car and i didnt even know who's it was till you told me that was great!! and then to have everyone feel the same vibe, was incredible!! and like we said 6 artist (real ralph, rich luna, eternal, schultz, pee-wee and me!!) made one artist and that is what's amazing. thanks again and congrats on another great ride!!!!! and thank you for making the donation that goes along way....

MR. WIM!!!!!!

19. MR_WIM

MR_WIM

hey bruce!!! thank you for letting me stripe your edsel!!! i loved it it was a great car with great colors and man it just flowed so well!!!!! please post pics when you can!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. johnnykck

johnnykck

LOL, "ride height indicator" now available at Kool Cat Kustoms!! That's hilarious!
    Glad you're happy, Brian!

21. deathmobile

deathmobile

anybody find out how much we raised this weekend?-seann glaspy..the ptown pinner

22. johnnykck

johnnykck

If I remember correctly it was $10700 or something like that.

23. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I was walking by when the lines were being laid out on the Cadi trunk. The end result came out great!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  24. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

You know I hadn't seen the end result when I caught up to you as you were leaving. Although I said thanks, that doesn't hardly cover it. The colors match perfectly with the car. Jay said that there was some copper in the paint or something and it would change colors? Can you give me more info on that?

As soon as it quites raining and I can back it out of the garage, I'll take some pictures of your great artwork. Thanks again...Bruce

25. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

26. James66g

James66g

Man that turned out awesome! both the "low Salle" and the Edsel Saw that edsel Back at billet proof super nice ride and of coarse the Lesalle pretty awesome I couldnt beleive how many were at the show! That was the fisrt time I had seen a lesalle grille in its original home and I saw 3 at the show!

27. chopt49

chopt49

I watched that trunk lid get striped, was mesmerized and stood there for a long time. Impressive stuff.

28. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

One of the coolest things is to see a car you like on HAMB, then you endup parked next to them at a show. Cool meeting you last weekend James. BTW, I picked up a '67 Caddy last night. I think looking at your 60's custom rubbed of on to me over the weekend.

Attached Files:

29. MR_WIM

MR_WIM

lol the kind words of "thank you" and a hand shake go alot further then people really know and also the fact that you trusted me and jay to allow me to work on your ride, so actually let me thank you as well. as for the copper, what i was telling him is that all the colors for your piece were kustom made from an original kustom made color that my friend rich luna and i like to call POMONA COPPER. we made this color while we were striping cars at the pomona show. so to sum it up it wont change colors and you wont find another car with your EXACT colors...

thanks again and see you soon!!!!!!

MR.WIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!