Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Rod Shops in Forida to visit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Les clearance, Feb 21, 2010.

1. I will be in Florida during the week of March 6 thru March 14. Would like to visit rod shops and/or hot rod parts stores. Does anybody have any ideas on some good places to see? Or maybe some Hambers to meet?

2. good question, I may move down to Boca Raton to attend FAU in the fall so hopefully this thread gives info on shops I should check out as well

3. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Florida's a very long state with 2 time zones in it. Can you narrow your search down a little and maybe we can suggest some spots for you to check out.

Lee

4. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

not a rod shop but how about this

Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing in Ocala, Fl

5. brad chevy

brad chevy

If coming to central FLORIDA,SUMTER SWAPMEET IS SUNDAY,MARCH 7 normally lots of florida vendors there.Let us know if you"ll be in area and will give directions,also OLDTOWN down the street from disney has good get togethers on SAT.nights.When you come leave that cold air at home.

6. What he said ^^^^^

7. I will be in the Orlando area

8. Thanks for all the info.

9. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Good cruise night in New Smyrna Beach on Canal St the second Saturday night -13th. Not sure what they have at the Daytona Speedway to see if there's no racing going on but you could take in that and New Smyrna on the same day. And like others have said - Garlits Museum for sure. Here's a link to a DJ that does several cruise nights in the central Florida area. www.musicbywjbj.com Hope these help.

Lee

10. Nobodys Hero

Nobodys Hero
    from New Jersey

Check out don garlits for sure. Its a great place

11. moparman71

moparman71

yeah come to Garlits on wednesday march 10th we are having a cacklefest on the grounds starting at dusk. and if you come during the day ask for chris I might give you at tour.

12. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Passing through Ocala, a couple of weeks ago and stopped at the Garlitz museum. Ended up spending 6 hours there. It was fantastic.

13. Rossodino34

Rossodino34

Garlits is a must see, You will burn up most of a day there and want to do it again.