Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big 3 Parts Exchange at Qualcomm in San Diego

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PhoenixFear, Feb 18, 2010.

1. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

Has anyone gone to this? My friend was talking about it, basically a swap meet specifically for old cars and whatnot. I've never been but plan to go, maybe find some stuff. It is going on Feb. 26-27-28. Apologies in advance if this has already been posted.
    http://www.big3partsexchange.com/

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

You're from San Diego? Go! Good swap.

3. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

Yeah, I've never been to this swap meet before. I was basically told it is a strict old/vintage/antique swap meet, pretty much no newer stuff and nobody just selling crap like wallets. I was going to bring my dad's Model A there to perhaps sell but I don't have it ready.

4. Ricks57

Ricks57
    from San Diego

Hi,
    It's not strictly old cars, you can find about anything. Lots of old car stuff, muscle car parts, bikes, off road, antiques you name it. It's really a lot of fun. Come early and bring your walking shoes.
    Rick

5. This may be a stretch, but I'm looking for the timing cover and gears for a 1919-23 Samson truck engine (based on the early Chevrolet 4). Samsons were made in California... if anyone happens to find these parts while they're at the show, I'd be grateful!

6. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

great show, good times, we camp out all weekend in a sea of rust, look forward to it all year, stop by spaces EA 28-34 and say howdy!

7. ham-boned-ford

ham-boned-ford

Im going, thats a great show. lots of walking, lots of good vendors

8. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

I'll be there! Look forward to it all year. Now if I can get my dagnabbed 97 rebuild kits from Mr Price one of these weeks, my month will be complete.

9. 2 best swaps in so cal is the big 3 and the fathers day roadster.......didn't go last year but going this year rain or shine......i gotta try turlock next year.

10. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

I'll probably go this weekend if I can fit it in there somehow with my work.

11. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

12. DerKafer

DerKafer
    from San Diego

A good time every year, one of the best San Diego car events!

13. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

If ya miss it you can go next year! ggg

14. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

I have gone every year for a long time and my group gets 5 spaces. Prices are very reasonable and you can find just about anything you want there. There are excellent antiques and collectibles to be found, and the foo-foo junk vendors just aren't there. There are items you will find here that you just won't see at any other event. There are all manner of projects for sale in various states. I expect this year will be one of the best, with some outstanding low prices, I hope, I hope!

For many of us, this is the only event of the year we sell at. The sellers are closer than family and they have been going so long they know their swap meet neighbors better than their real neighbors. After the lights go out, we are the guys with a campfire, dancing, tri-tip, beer, etc.

There is a lot to see and the stadium parking lot is usually completely full. You really need to spend two days there to see it all. Most of us like this event better than Long Beach and Pomona. We start the party off-site on Thursday and leave before the cut off time Sunday.

The car corral has great deals too. Break your piggy bank for this one!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  15. It's a good time for sure. There are all kinds of cool/random things to see there. One year I saw a guy selling newer model leather seats next to a guy selling vintage camping gear, and next to him was a guy with a rusted out 356 porsche shell. There are vintage speed parts from different decades; I have seen antique farm implements, there is even the occasional vintage surfboard. If you throw in the many project cars for sale, numerous parts, and good disposition of like kind, I think you get a good idea of what this event is like.