Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish Dan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Any details? Where in Decatur? Same time of year, etc?

2. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Never mind! I've got it now! ....and it's only some 45 miles from me this time! I'm so glad to hear it'll be spared! Kudos to the Chrome Czars!

3. finn

finn

The official announcement is on the chrome czars site

Alan

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks like good news for the continuation of the Pilup. Hope they post something soon so we can get on with plans and reservations. GO CZARS!!!

Frank

5. I have an extra room if anyone needs one.....only $300 per night.

6. stlrider

stlrider

Thats whats goin to happen next year!

Hopefully some of the hardcore rodders comeback. Instead of gawlkers wanting to see the "freakshow".

7. Badkarma

Badkarma

I locked up five so I'm covered...no more sleeping in the car for me, I'll say that right now. :D

They were able to keep a pretty tight lid on though, amazing when you've got the super-snoops at a major newspaper hunting down leads. :D:p

8. Ya it was almost dead silence around here the last couple days awaiting the release of this. So many people knew about it but nobody was going to say anything.

9. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

So Decatur it is! Good and bad! 2 hrs farther for me, but could be better weather for all of us!

10. Bryan & Sarah

Bryan & Sarah

Boy, Sarah sure is gonna miss going home once a year to Grundy Co., but on the positive side, it sounds like the Pile-Up may now be a little closer to us here down state.

11. this year will be first year attending, really looking forward to it...just had a few questions, what caused this show to grow so large? what do they do that makes people drive from various states to attend?

12. I could be a smart ass and say "Rat Rods" but I won't. LOL

It is the people(Czars, Red Shirt Army and participants) and the amount of sweet ass stuff you don't see anywhere else. Free PBR. Pre and Post Parties and the all around general atmosphere.

It is the most trouble free big show you will ever go to. Everyone is just in such a good mood and care free.

13. Deadbird

Deadbird

This is so freaking cool! It's like they moved the Pile Up right into my back yard!

Kudos to the Czars! Great call on their part! Sounds like Decatur and Clinton are really going to welcome this with open arms. Why wouldn't they? This should be a huge shot in the arm for the local economy.

14. Rqketman

Rqketman

I heard this was a done deal 2 weeks ago, but didn't want to start rumors, (A friend of a friend thing) said they talked to the Mgr of Progress City and 2010 Hunnert Car Pileup was moving to the Decatur area. There are many pluses this sight is able to handles thousands of people, paved roads, bath rooms with showers, drainage, close to Interstate 72 I think 4 exits(If they are smart exits could be closed to avoid any back up on the Interstate LOTS of parking, and they could run buses for spectators? The one thing that would be a must is tents! this site has no shelter. I think this is a great fit we love and support car shows, For many years the fair grounds was the site for a Rod and Custom show Mid State Nationals and Cruising Downtown, 500 cars for a one day show, hope everyone will support the move.

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

The official announcement is here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448825

500 cars? we've gotten around 1500 traditional hot rods and customs inside the gate for the past 3 years, and that's not counting 100s of rejected cars... and thousands of spectators.

What makes the show such a draw? I dunno. :D

It started out as a grass-roots hot rod show and has remained that way over 8 years
    It has always been a gathering (party?!) by and for real hot rodders who build and drive their cars and who don't let a little cold weather or rain stop them... 8 years and it's still just as fun!
    Everyone is there to see the cars and see what their friends built, meet HAMBers and other builders in person.
    Rarely do you see a lawn chair.
    It's a very laid-back show, and no trophies.
    We seriously enforce the criteria, and don't let in cars that arrived on trailers. NO exceptions. I turned away a guy that drove his hot rod up from Florida once because he didn't meet the criteria, and we always turn away cars on trailers.
    We always have good bands.
    No attitude and GREAT volunteers.

Why? A lot of reasons, I guess, maybe just the right place at the right time... mainly it's the people and their hot rods.

16. stlrider

stlrider

Thank You to all the Czars for keeping this going. Sorry you guys had problems dealin with ignorant people. I had to deal with an ignorant ass myself.

This will be my 6th year and 3rd taken my Fairlane. Only place I've been and seen 6 1962 Fairlane in one place. Don't think you have a completely unique car cause the will be another parked a few rows over. The all original mid 50s vette was CRAZY.

Its an amazing show with lots of cool people.