Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collin Casey RIP.. :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Throttle_Junkie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Wobbly Bob

Wobbly Bob

Prayers !!!!! R.I.P. Casey

2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

So sad to see a young guy liked by so many pass before his time. R.I.P.
    Gary

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Godspeed.........

4. senior fried

senior fried

Here are the last photos that i took of our friend Casey at little River, working on the hot rod and running it....

Attached Files:

5. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

R.I.P Colin, you have touched so many.

6. SHRUM

SHRUM

I was set up next to him a couple of times, worried i was gonna get smoked by his flathead. Pretty much the whole time I couldn't take my eye's off of his car. RIP

7. I haven't chimed in because there are no words. :-( Just wow.... He is missed!!!

I was talking with Deb Carnine last night. I'm still reeling from Jay's death.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Not to be disrespectful, but any word of how he died? He seemed pretty young.

9. I didn't know Collin, but I knew of his car and exploits. I didn't get that lump till this post.

R.I.P. Collin Casey.

On a side note. I really hope HIS 32 goes to a good friend of his and is preserved "as-is" and routinely gets the wheels driven off it. seems fitting.

10. I just heard yesterday about Collin when one of his customers with a chopped top PU called and asked if I'd paint his name on the tailgate of the truck in honor. I hate the idea but will do. Did not know Collin personally but he spoke to me a few times at rod runs about my striping.

Seems we have had a run of bad news lately with death and accidents,; a rodder in Laredo last week of cancer, Bryan Stensrud of San Antonio Rodders fell off his bar stool go cart a few weeks ago and is in a coma but seems to be responding.

Live each day like its your last.

Mikey

11. Sanders

Sanders

12. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i cant believe i missed this thread, RIP casey.

13. Von Brandt

Von Brandt

A good man, he will be missed, rip.

14. Found this on the bathroom wall, in the hanger. :|

Attached Files:

15. From lurker status I feel I needed to say RIP Collin, you will be missed and remembered. GODSPEED.-Weeks

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  16. As soon as anyone finds out anything about his services, please let me know. Everyone in the Great stateTexas that knew him will be there I'm sure. As well as plenty of folks from outta state, too.

I'm very disappointed in myself for not gettin' my Flatty together for the last DOTD meet. Gotta chance to catch up w/him a lil bit, last time we hung out.

Sure am gonna miss him & his killer passion for life & drag racing, the Almighty Flathead, people, animals & everything in between. I just hope that where ever his ashes get spread his pop's will be there along with him. I'd think he'd have wanted that. Just talkin' out the side of my head.

Gonna miss ya buddy.

17. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

That about sums it up for me right there. I still can't believe it. Granted, I didn't know Collin that well, but it feels like I did. I met him 2007 at Good-Guys Lonestar and had a great weekend hanging with him and friends. I still look back and laugh about all of the goodtimes and stories that were had that weekend. I even got to ride in his coupe, which was bitchen! He was nice enough to send me an extra copy of the Good-Guys Gazette when the Lonestar coverage came out because I was in the back in the Young Guys section. I was really looking forward to hanging out with him again. I'm going to miss ya buddy!

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

19. JimSibley

JimSibley

Collin was one of the people on here I felt like I knew, even though we never met. I always looked for his coupe at big shows in hope of shakin hands with him. You know a real HAMB brother. this sucks. Ill miss a guy I never even met.

20. Pingar

Pingar

21. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

Collin,

Rest in peace
    Rest at ease
    Your hot rod ways will never cease

22. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Thanks to everyone on here. I have been having a hard time posting. As soon as I know about the services we will try to get it on this forum. I would to like all of you to know Collin LOVED ALL YOU GUYS AND GALS very much. Thanks to all of you for the support. Ron.

23. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Me too,,,,,does anyone know if an autopsy was or will be done?

24. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

At this time we do not know.

25. Diehard32

Diehard32

Not sure how long it's been, but I was first drawn to him and his deuce at Little River dragstrip. What impressed me the most was his carefree lifestyle of what "TRUE HOTRODDING IS ALL ABOUT". After being wrapped up in numerous years of attending car shows with $100,000+ streetrods, I found myself discouraged that I may never live my dream of enjoying hotrodding for the fun of it..... Colin Casey opened my eyes by showing me "it's not always about show and shine, but more about building it, driving it and having fun". To me, his signature impression was the quote painted on his dash at the time which read "don't need no stinkin' gauges". I later talked with him at the deuce reunion and commented that he now had gauges installed, what gives? His response: cheaper to install gauges than pay all these tickets. His enthusiam for hotrodding showcased the true bond between man and machine.....and always with a smile on his face.

Casey, Thanks for the memories!!! God Bless You and your family....

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

I wasn't Casey's best friend or anything, but man, every time I see this thread it sure makes me sad at first, then I read the stories. I only knew him from car shows, but we sure lost a unique spirit.

He seemed to me like the kind of guy who wouldn't want us to mourn, but to swap stories and bullshit on his behalf, so keep that kind of stuff coming!

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I dont know what to say...

RIP Casey:(

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Collin embodied the spirit of a true hot rodder, always driving the snot out of his coupe and ready to help at a friend (or even a complete stranger) at a moments notice.

Texas won't be the same without him :(

29. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Lights out in the shop...never met but anyone who has this many friends had to have done something right. Lights and RIP. from my mouth to God's ears.

30. BELLM

BELLM

I remember talking to Casey a few years ago after one of the Baron's reliability runs, Boerne Rod run was same weekend, Casey went thru Boerne on his way home to look at the street rods. Casey said "you know, they really do look like Easter eggs!"