Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish Dan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Any news out there regarding this year's Hunnert Car Pileup?

2. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I haven't heard any official announcements.

Maybe one of the Chrome Czars will chime in.

I hope it comes back. It really is the coolest show in the midwest! :D

4. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

good times i just think they need to find a bigger place to have it at!!!

5. I hope they get a place closer to new york that 14 hour ride kicks my ass everytime

6. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

ahhh yes, my crystal ball shift knob says; you will have the answers you seek very soon oh curious grasshoppa! lol!

7. Hemi Dude

Hemi Dude
    from Dayton Oh

You'll find out very shortly...

8. Union Grove drag stip is a perfect fit. Bring on the gasser wars!!

9. Brandi

Brandi

I hope it's closer to Seattle. Maybe I can bring the roadster this year. :D

10. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Fuck da Grove.

News is coming, nevermind the rumors!

11. ;););)

12. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

Can't wait. Might look into getting club rain coats though :p

13. Is you mother aware of the type of language you use?

14. The Chrome Czars are allready holding the Hunnert Car Heads Up there in May.

15. why couldn't you bring your roadster before

16. :eek: I have NEVER heard that kind of shit come out of his mouth!!!!

17. GasserDave

GasserDave
    from Sin City

Ill be there...

18. donnie

donnie
    from NC

Decatur is what the Morris paper said.

19. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Thas Bullshit.....

:D

20. JAWS

JAWS

you need your mouth washed out with some soap you poopoo head.

21. Zeke

Zeke

LOL:eek::D

22. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

the world will soon know...

23. Deadbird

Deadbird

Can't wait for the official word. :cool:

24. 187 speed

187 speed
    from central Il

The rumor going around is it will be at Progress City In Decatur il, That is where they have the farm progress show every other year. If this is true there will be plenty of parking and two interstate exits to make it easily accesable.

25. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

saweeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d:d

26. http://morrisdailyherald.com/articles/2010/02/19/17359731/index.xml?__xsl=/print.xsl

By Michael Farrell - [email protected]
    Hot-rodders hitting the road?

Hunnert Car Pile-up apparently moving to Decatur for 2010

Representatives of the Hunnert Car Pile-up are expected to announce Monday they are moving the event from the Grundy County Fairgrounds to Decatur.
    The Chrome Czars’ most-recent hot rod show, held at the fairgrounds on Oct. 10, 2009, drew so many people, traffic was backed up on Illinois 47 in both directions for most of the day. Available parking spaces at the fairgrounds were taken, with people parking along Illinois 47, at Saratoga School and in any other open spaces.
    Chad Hill, a member of The Chrome Czars reached Friday at Red Orchestra, a graphic design company in Chicago, said, “I can’t say anything until next week. Give me your number and I will call you next week.”
    However, a comment attributed to Hellfish in a thread about the future of the Hunnert Car Pile-up on the Web site www.jalopyjournal.com includes, “Morris just cannot handle it, and apparently, don’t want to given their lack of support.”
    Hellfish is the same pseudonym used on the www.hunnertcarpileup.com Web site for the individual who should be contacted about “Sponsors, Vendors, Bands and general questions.”
    The 2009 event, the eighth annual and the fifth at the fairgrounds, drew about 1,200 cars and an estimated 12,000 spectators. About 230 volunteers were reportedly working at the show.
    Event organizers, at the time, said attendance appeared to be much higher in 2009 than it had been in previous years.
    A posting from last October on the Hunnert Car Pile-up Web site, reflecting on the 2009 show, stated, “We got simply overrun by spectators. We ran out of parking quickly, all nine football fields worth of parking, filled to capacity. There were too many people and cars everywhere. The ambulance couldn’t get in or out. Traffic was backed up for miles. It was simply unsafe. Then people started parking on the highway, causing even more traffic delays.
    “Around 2 p.m., it seemed as though half the hot rods decided to leave, making a bad situation worse. This caused an even bigger backup.”
    Don Meyers of Seneca said traffic was much worse in 2009.
    “I take the back roads and wind around, but I had trouble getting there. The year before, I had to wait maybe 15 minutes,” he said Friday.
    Chief Deputy Kevin Callahan reported the two deputies paid for by the organizers requested assistance from regular traffic units because of the number of vehicles.
    The Chrome Czars’ Web posting goes on to address concerns raised during the weekend, straight out denying talk that Pile-up #10 in 2011 would be the last.
    To the question of whether the show would be held in Morris again, no direct answer is given. Instead, the posting says, “This year was hard on us. We were cursed at, spit on, had mud thrown at us, and even had people try to start fights with us. We heard a lot of hateful comments and dealt with more irate people than we’ve ever seen in the previous 7 years combined.
    “It has given us a lot to think about. It is, however, much easier to remember the jerks than the nice ones. For every complainer we heard from hundreds of people who begged us to keep the show going and that it’s worth suffering through the hardships. We have not had an opportunity to discuss the future yet and where the show will be located, but we would all like to see the show continue.”
    The show consists of hot rods, cars and motorcycles from 1964 and earlier in as close to original condition as possible.
    Car owners pay $20 to park at the show and spectators pay $5 to enter. Organizers donated $25,000 to nine charities after the 2008 show.
    The show started in Sycamore with fewer than 100 cars and 200 spectators, but because of its popularity, after three years, it needed more space and moved to the Grundy County Fairgrounds.

Herald Managing Editor Patrick Graziano contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2010 Morris Daily Herald. All rights reserved.

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

catherine, so much for stealth!!!!LOL good thing ive already gotta room!!!! :p

28. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

I hear ya!!...But ditto...us too.

29. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

me too... me too...

30. booked for the group just in case