Register now to get rid of these ads!

Noob from Socal, expanding my horizon

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Beenie, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Beenie

Beenie
    from Walnut, CA

Long time lurker but before I post, I should introduce myself.

I've been into restoring J-tin for the last 15 or so years. On my 4th 1972 Celica, I thought I'd do it flat black, really low, red steelies, white walls etc. you get the picture. And frankly it looked silly. So I had the opportunity to purchase a something more HAMB worthy (read as the wifey gave me the go ahead, haahaa) and low a behold I found a whole new world of cars that I'd never really considered or thought twice about.

I grew up in Wilmington so I've been around the early 60's Impalas, bombs and occasional Bel Airs/210s. So I thought I's start my search there. Then I get a taste of the cars on here and I'm just blown away! the knowledge base alone is awesome.

Needless to say I am so overwhelmed at what's out there that my window of opportunity has slipped passed. That is not to say, I'm no longer in the market. I just have to wait a while. But until then, I'll just keep a list of the cars I like and hopefully narrow it down a bit and do a bunch of reading on here. :)

2. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

3. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

4. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome from Nebraska!! Keep us updated on what you finally end up with.