Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kholm65

kholm65
    from NY

Thanks for the welcome Bullfather! I've seen that picture of George at the cookie factory! I'm still wondering why he had that glass of milk with him, I think he was dunking cookies! :)

2. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

I believe that may be Eddie Hanna at Islip in his Toyota 3TC hemi.

3. It is Hanna.

Kris, he was dunking pretzels...atleast that what he told Tbax lol

Here's more Corey!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]
    Cy Clark, man check that car out. I never saw a picture of this car running Daytona, looks like a custom show car.
    [​IMG]
    Cy Colby
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if it was Geoff Bodine running it at the time

5. [​IMG]
    Corriveau......... LeQuebecois coupe.
    [​IMG]
    Crawford County Speedway
    [​IMG]
    Pete Corey to end the night

6. ron kramer

ron kramer
    from penna.

Here are 4 Ken Felker pics from Pocono 3/4 mile track. I wonder if anyone can give me any info about the Troy Ruttman, Jr. fatal crash at Pocono in a supermod? (what number car, how it happened and where on the track) I believe I found a photo of him heading to the wall. I feel strange asking, but, I'd like to possitivly ID this pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sixtyx

sixtyx

Thanks Terry,

I've never been to Seekonk, it's always been a little out of the way . I'll have to try and get up there to see it before its gone like so many others.

Bruce

8. pcorey37@yahoo.com

[email protected]

No, I was only in my early 20's when he retired but I watched him from 1963 thru 1970.:)

9. Joe Cala

Joe Cala

HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE X3 RESTORED, JIM HENDRICKSON. JOE.

[​IMG]

10. It was at Trenton in the 60's. Unforunately the motor blew I believe in warmups before the race. We had a whole bus load there from Kutztown to root him on and were very disappointed.

11. Hard to tell from the photo but that might be his grandson Jimmy, my pops and Jim's son Jimmy (haha Sr,Jr, and III) were friends when I was little, I remember hanging out at the house with little jimmy, till they moved to Fla. They came up for a few old timers day but one year little Jimmy was able to get behind the wheel of his grandfather's machine, the joy and tears it brought to him was awesome!

12. [​IMG]
    Danbury
    [​IMG]
    Danbury
    [​IMG]
    Don Diffendorf (fixed)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  13. [​IMG]
    Dave Alkas
    [​IMG]
    Dan Jones
    [​IMG]
    Danbury wreck

14. Flyin'Brian12

Flyin'Brian12

DON Diffendorf. Zacharias coach.

15. My Mistake, I know it's Don, just a brain mishap lol

16. neal78

neal78

Bob Bushey who drove that SPUD 19 car and the #19 that's on the truck, lives about 30 miles from me. He's 80 years old, and still goes to work evert day!! Even if he's the boss, he still does go in. I built both those cars, and he wanted the '34 Ford(that's on the truck). I didn't put the dents in it!!:)) He's a great guy. Has some great stories!! Neal

17. monksfan

monksfan
    from fonda n.y.

Thanks for the pic! Louie on the front row,old #4.I believe Fonda is planning a Lou Lazzaro Memorial Race for May 2010.It is going to be a big deal.Thanks again...

18. Flyin'Brian12

Flyin'Brian12

No problem, Bullfighter.keep posting!

19. neal78

neal78

Neil38: Welcome!! You also have a great website!! Neal

20. Terry1

Terry1

Here's pic from previous post at Seekonk. I mentioned the construction of the wall in the background. Now look at the pic with George Summers. The crack wasn't so big and the new wall wasn't started yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

Heres K9racer at Huntsville speedway last year.

[​IMG]

22. George M.

George M.

Oh! You guys are pretty funny. Yeah, I was hanging out at a cookie factory drinking milk with Steve Halpin. We all know what a big milk drinker he is.
    And I don't dunk...LOL!

23. George M.

George M.

I always loved seeing Max Berrier at Trenton! He was always fast. And speaking of always fast at Trenton...do you have any Bill Dennis pictures?...he was a rocket!

24. We used to have this stored in a Butler building that Jimmy Jr and i rented to store some of our hot rods and collectibles before Jimmy moved down to Fla and the X3 went to Marty Himes.

25. You just might be right there Pete. It is a Riverhead Old Timers Meet for sure and that might very well be Jimmy the III. I guess I didn't make it that year.

26. George, Here's some of Bill Dennis. He, Al Grinnin,and Lennie Pond, drove the #33 at times. The Falcon I believe ,was all his. The real clear shot @ Martinsville is a Walt Wimer photo.

Attached Files:

27. George M.

George M.

Wow! Nice! Thanks! That picture of Dennis' falcon next to Hendricks 11 is a classic! That's probably 1967 when Dennis set fast time in qualifying. That car was some kind of fast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.