Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with Frame options 41-48 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Banana, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I just bought a 47 Chevy Sedan Delivery and the original frame did not come with it. It is currently sitting on a late 60s or early 70s Cutlass or Chevelle frame that is rotted out and not really usable. It doesn’t fit that frame very well (could be made to fit if it was in nice shape) but I am looking for opinions on what my options could be.

Vision for the car is kind of a rat rod daily driver. I have well equipped shop and could build a frame from scratch but this isn’t what I want to do with this car. My initial thought is to either find a donor car and use the front and rear suspension as well as the braking and steering systems from it, or maybe find an original frame and upgrade it by clipping the front but still keeping the original front frame horns so the core support mount and bumper brackets maybe will work?

If someone has done a similar project I would appreciate your feedback.

I have a posting in the classified section looking for something for sale someone might have or PM me.

Link to classified is here
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447129

2. pont463

pont463

Well I know this isn't going to set well with some, but I am in somewhat the same situation with a 47 Ford myself. I am going to completely install the floor pan and rear suspension from a mustang fox body under the ford and then stub out the front with 2x3 tubing and a mustang 2 suspension. From the firewall back will all be 93 mustang floor, sub frame, four link and rear end ect.